Charvel So-Cal: Replaced the Trem bar!

• Thread starter Shask
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I finally got around to replacing the Trem bar on my MIJ Charvel So-Cal with a Schaller bar. MUCH better so far!

The old one used to come unscrewed all the time, which made the entire thing wobbly. The new one seems to either stay put if screwed on tightly, or swing freely if screwed on a little less tight. This seems to be a common problem on the Floyd Rose FR-1000.

The only bad thing is it makes me sad the tremolo is not recessed. It makes me want to take a router and rout behind the trem so that I could yank the bar up!

Anyways, my cool guitar story for the week!

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
I finally got around to replacing the Trem bar on my MIJ Charvel So-Cal with a Schaller bar. MUCH better so far!

The old one used to come unscrewed all the time, which made the entire thing wobbly. The new one seems to either stay put if screwed on tightly, or swing freely if screwed on a little less tight. This seems to be a common problem on the Floyd Rose FR-1000.

The only bad thing is it makes me sad the tremolo is not recessed. It makes me want to take a router and rout behind the trem so that I could yank the bar up!

Anyways, my cool guitar story for the week!

Yeah, those frt-xxxx-trems really need that collar/arm exchange. Much better after that. Now post some pics of that so-cal! :agreed:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
This thread would normally get a "cool story bro" from me, but it's about a So Cal, so I'm all ears. Post up some pics and you will get thanked. I'm holding out, can't get enough Charvel.
And damn if I don't love the non-recessed Floyds too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Long story short............

I had a So-Cal MIJ. One of the reasons I let it go was because of the shitty arm that wouldn't stay put regardless of what I did.

congrats!

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score

NO!

Flat Floyd is best Floyd! You can go to Eb without setting the whole guitar up again!

Shask

Reaction score
I know, I know.. this isn't a very a interesting post :noplease:

However, since the Floyd Rose 1000 series is starting to come stock in almost every guitar less than $1000, I figure it it good knowledge to get this information out there. So, instead of that guy necrobumping this thread in 6 years, the search function will just say "Hey, buy a $15 Schaller trem bar from Stewmac and the trem bar will work like it is suppose to!!". :metal:

A stock black So-Cal is not the most interesting looking guitar, but here it is! Not the best camera or lighting, but you can see it fairly well! LOVE the feel and sound of this guitar! I think I have had it about 4 years or so.....

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
The non recessed Floyds were what kept me from getting a So Cal a while ago. But the new ones are all recessed now, so one may be a potential purchase this year.:hbang: