Cheap 2ndary guitar suggestions (hardtail)

• Thread starter MikeyLHolm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score
Heya you bunch of GASing wizards!

I'm looking for a 2ndary guitar for my Vigier at price range of 500ish €. I haven't really looked into used guitars at this price range recently. Also trying to stick at non trem ones unless some real gems show up. But time is not right yet for a Wtb topic, need some suggestions.

My first thoughts so far've been some sort of used les paul copy. I dont have major exp at les pauls, shorter range nor hardtails but i think i could nail few flies here with one buy. Also Slash has been one idol for me since i was seven so it feels like smaet idea.
I've heard lots of good stuff about tokai love rocks but the necks puzzle me abit. Not a fan of 2*4 size necks. What about some Esps or perhps epis?

Some hardtail superstrat wouldnt be bad either but those are hard to find. Thinking of finally testing sd JB as bridge pup aswell. how do those fare with LP style guitars?

open for all kinda suggestions (yep even nasty ones).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
Check out Hagström guitars man. They are a bit over €500 new, but they are awesome bang for the buck. Thin and fast necks. I couldn't believe how low the action is on them without any buzz. The stock pickups are really decent.
The Swede model is 24.75" scale and Super Swede 25.5".

pathogenicmetal666

Reaction score
If you don't like 2x4 necks I would look at ESP for LP style guitars. Most Epis have more traditional necks.

If hardtail strats are hard to find, you could get a strat with a vintage trem and easily set it up as a hardtail.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score
Rondo Music Electric Guitars | Page 7 of 8

You're in Finland though so I don't know about ordering from Rondo unless you have someone in the US you trust to ship it to so they can return it if it's a dud.

Yeah it aint really worth the buck to start buying low end guitars from US. 23% taxes+shipping on top of the price isn't that nice.

Defo will check the hägströms at least since there is some dealers closeby.

On superstart sector i think something live Jake E. Lee Charvel would be my choise.

protest

Reaction score
Yeah it aint really worth the buck to start buying low end guitars from US. 23% taxes+shipping on top of the price isn't that nice.

Defo will check the hägströms at least since there is some dealers closeby.

On superstart sector i think something live Jake E. Lee Charvel would be my choise.

DAMN

Yea no thanks lol.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
used PRS SE.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score
used PRS SE.

Najs! Forgot those go for that low prices too. Same shop sells Hagströms and PRS too so can try few different things.

Any non LP type ideas? Those 80s superstrat guitars i really dig hardly ever came with hardtails ( OH FLOYD WHAT HAVE U DONE?? ), and there is way smaller market of them here than in US etc.

Guess some sort of SG copy or perhaps just modded hardtail Strat. I Know that SGs have pretty small neck which is cool, but any clue what Strat -models ( Tokai, Mexfender etc ) to search for when you want "faster" and smaller neck?