Check out Uncle Ben's new apocalyptic fallout finish!

• Thread starter BenEllerGuitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Hey guys!!!
So after doing swirls for years now, my mind got restless and started wondering "but what else can i do to make a gigantic mess at my house?"... and i landed on this! Its a cool finish i stumbled into utilizing copper and silver leaf, lots of distressing, and oxidizing all kinds of crazy colors out of that copper.
I currently doing my 1987 RG550, and a buddy's old Jackson Fusion in this finish. They will be getting a clearcoat here soon, which will only make them even sexier. I'm really in love with this finish!!!

And so you know... my RG550 is going to have a black smoked mirror guard, cosmo (gunmetal) hardware, and a set of beautiful worn covered Instrumental Pickups (HS configuration FTW!!!!) in it. Its going to be nuts. Anyway, onto the pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

indreku

Reaction score
These Schaller would look epic with this finish, but way to go dude, looks most awsome
23___VC_M6.jpg

indreku

Reaction score
yeah Schaller has a whole range of copper finished(bridges, buttons, pickup rings, pickup covers, tuners - you name it)
Would recommend these with this finish
made me want to get a custom tele looking like this with the copper stuff

Edika

Reaction score
These look amazing! Most of the distressed, oxidized copper finishes I've seen seem interesting but not something I'd go for. But these two really capture the decayed, rusted almost scrap metal look of a post apocalyptic scenario. They just seem so convincing you'd think the body is made from a piece of scrap metal (in a good sense).
Congratulations Ben, this is excellent work!

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Yeah they're a little rough on the exterior, so it takes a little building of the clear to even it out! Thanks a lot you guys!!

DISTORT6

NJ DEVIL
Reaction score
Very cool. That's a great looking finish.
Better get a tetanus shot, though. :lol:

ihunda

Reaction score
Amazing, so when are going to shoot a YouTube tutorial on how to do this Ben?

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
A little busy for my tastes but goddamn, I can't deny that they turned out really well and look great!