Check this out, Female fronted Punk Rock content

• Thread starter drgamble
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drgamble

Reaction score
http://www.reverbnation.com/wearewiresband

We recorded this one at OCD Studios here in New Orleans, LA. For the guitars we used a Mesa Dual Rectifier into a Avatar V30 cab with a SM57 and the Amplitube Anger model. For the drums, live kit with Steven Slate Triggers. The Bass guitars were direct with a SVT direct box. I would love to hear your comments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
i have a pet peeve about bands using the fact that there is a female in the band as some selling point. Its really about if the band is good or not, not if there is a person with different chromosomes. You are also then inviting people to say shit like "oh they just have her because blah blah blah..."

just advertise your band as a Punk Rock band...simple.

drgamble

Reaction score
i have a pet peeve about bands using the fact that there is a female in the band as some selling point. Its really about if the band is good or not, not if there is a person with different chromosomes. You are also then inviting people to say shit like "oh they just have her because blah blah blah..."

Everything you say is absolutely true. I just thought it would get a couple more clicks than just putting Punk Rock. Anyway, just wanna make sure you know this is not our marketing strategy. I finally have a chance to play with a truly great band and want to share it with everyone. Thanks for your replies, I hope you enjoy the music because that what it's all about.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Everything you say is absolutely true. I just thought it would get a couple more clicks than just putting Punk Rock. Anyway, just wanna make sure you know this is not our marketing strategy. I finally have a chance to play with a truly great band and want to share it with everyone. Thanks for your replies, I hope you enjoy the music because that what it's all about.

cheers dude. Not trying to knock you down or anything...everything sounds great. best of luck.

wankerness

Reaction score

Maybe punk's different cause who cares what the singer sounds like, but I know that I just plain ignore basically any "ACOUSTIC SINGER/SONGWRITER" material unless it has a chick singing, cause I like the sound of the female voice approximately 400x more than the male, given equivalent skillz/material. Maybe some PUNK fans are the same!? I'm saying, I legitimately prefer female vocals to male and I can't be the only one out there and thus I don't think it's stupid to say it. If she was a guitar player instead of the singer, then I'd agree with you!

drgamble

Reaction score
Maybe punk's different cause who cares what the singer sounds like, but I know that I just plain ignore basically any "ACOUSTIC SINGER/SONGWRITER" material unless it has a chick singing, cause I like the sound of the female voice approximately 400x more than the male, given equivalent skillz/material. Maybe some PUNK fans are the same!? I'm saying, I legitimately prefer female vocals to male and I can't be the only one out there and thus I don't think it's stupid to say it. If she was a guitar player instead of the singer, then I'd agree with you!

The question is, do you like this female singing punk? She's quite a firecracker and I really think she brought the attitude to the songs. You don't really have to answer, I'm just thinking out loud really. We'll be posting up new songs all week, so this link will have more songs than the original post by weeks end.

avenger

Reaction score
I like the female vocals just sex her up a bit for the live shows and dominate everything.

drgamble

Reaction score
Just uploaded a new song "Bleed you Dry". We could only afford a 4 song EP so the title track "The Arsonist" will be released Friday. Hope you enjoy, I love this stuff.