Chris Broderick Ibanez custom

• Thread starter D-EJ915
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
l_8ad732acb029c89f0458a9e395b5bc68.jpg

l_99ca46811640c2ed1d7e23b9abe760bf.jpg

Weird no string wrap on the tuning peg :scratch: I guess because its locking tuners and he wants completely straight string pull.... Thats my guess, any thoughts on this or anyone do this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
I still think that's purple snakeskin finish, right?

Also, I noticed the no string wrap, I thought that was just the angle of the pictures.

Damn he be hardcore.

--e

Fucking 10/52 + 70, so hard to play on I bet...

Damnaged

Reaction score
Weird no string wrap on the tuning peg :scratch: I guess because its locking tuners and he wants completely straight string pull.... Thats my guess, any thoughts on this or anyone do this?

He's got the planet waves locking tuners on his guitar. They don't need a string wrap. You just pull them through, lock them and then as you begin to turn the tuners they automatically clip the extra string off for you. I have them on a few of my guitars including my 7321. They are killer. Very responsive and easy to change.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still think that's purple snakeskin finish, right?

Also, I noticed the no string wrap, I thought that was just the angle of the pictures.

Damn he be hardcore.

--e

Fucking 10/52 + 70, so hard to play on I bet...

Yup, it's the locking tuners... you turn a thumb screw and it locks the string into the hole in the tuner.

As for the finish, it's a quilted maple top with trans black stain. Under bright light (like a camera flash) it looks the way it does in the pictures.

I play 10-56+68... nothing hard about it, it's all what you're used to / prefer.

Oh and one more time... my god that guitar is HOT :hbang:

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
He's got the planet waves locking tuners on his guitar. They don't need a string wrap. You just pull them through, lock them and then as you begin to turn the tuners they automatically clip the extra string off for you. I have them on a few of my guitars including my 7321. They are killer. Very responsive and easy to change.

I just found that out and was about to post it, well done for beating me to it :yesway: But those look wicked man def wanna try them one day, might try em on my 8 and put my gotohs on my 7.. or just keep the gotohs on the 8 cause it has a locking nut and put them on my 7. SOO MANY DECISIONS lol and we are just at tuning pegs :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone,

this guitar is more then I could have hoped for (which kind of sucks because I'm playing the crap out of it Aaahha). To answer a few questions I have seen:

about the original pickups that were installed: the Evolution, I didn't like that much, but the Air norton is a good sounding neck pickup. The only thing about Dimarzio pickups that I hate is that they claim to faithfully reproduce the 6 string equivalents, yet they use cheaper materials for the 7's (something like a circuit board base plate not exactly sure but WTF).

I quit using Coolpicks because they were so hard and expensive to get. So I have been using 1.35 sharpies thanks to Jeff who turned me on to them.

Yes those are planet waves tuners and they are very good and convenient (they even slice through the 70 gauge).

This guitar stays in tune as well as any guitar I have played, the reason I haven't had the bar in during live performances is everyone was F*%#ing with me for wearing my guitar like a necklace so I lowered it to try to be the cool kid (didn't work), but that meant large stretches were a pain, so I would put my guitar on my knee (like in the Enemies of reality diminished run). What would happen is the bar would swing down and lodge between my leg and guitar and I would create the best dying cat sound you have ever heard. I would recommend a graphite nut to anyone with a trem, you just have to make sure it's cut right for it.

Take care, Chris.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
the reason I haven't had the bar in during live performances is everyone was F*%#ing with me for wearing my guitar like a necklace so I lowered it to try to be the cool kid

Man, don't give into peer pressure. Wear that guitar high and proud. The higher you wear it the prouder you should be.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I nipple ride the shit out of my guitars too, and tell people who say anything about it to fuck off :lol:

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
This guitar stays in tune as well as any guitar I have played, the reason I haven't had the bar in during live performances is everyone was F*%#ing with me for wearing my guitar like a necklace so I lowered it to try to be the cool kid (didn't work)

Oh, come on, chest-rocking is way cooler than slinging it low. :wub:

Reaction score
Man, don't give into peer pressure. Wear that guitar high and proud. The higher you wear it the prouder you should be.
Ahahaha,

well I'm not usually one to give in but I figured I would try it to see if I could get used to it. So far it's a big no.

Chris.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
YES now I can add Chris Broderick to my "famous people I've made laugh" list. It's Chris, Frank Robinson, and that girl that played Tawny on Even Stevens

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing about Dimarzio pickups that I hate is that they claim to faithfully reproduce the 6 string equivalents, yet they use cheaper materials for the 7's (something like a circuit board base plate not exactly sure but WTF).

Aren't they using the circuit board baseplate thing on all their pickups now? I could have swore they switched over entirely.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Aren't they using the circuit board baseplate thing on all their pickups now? I could have swore they switched over entirely.
my new X2N has a metal baseplate, it looks cheap as hell but it's metal.