Chris Quits smoking, v12.0

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going on 10 years now being smoke free.
I'm also going on 10 years of being basically "booze free" I kind of quit
drinking at the same time because I knew if I got shit faced there
would be a Marlboro in my mouth (or 10 :ugh:)
I can now drink without getting the pangs anymore but i still haven't
tied one on yet.
I haven't got the balls to test myself, and after watching my father die from lung cancer due to smoking back in 86, that's one test I don't need to fail.
Hang in there I know it's tough but if you "really do want to quit" which I found is the most important aspect to all of this, then you will.
If you really don't want to quit then you won't. I fooled myself a dozen times over the years until i reached the point where I finally really wanted to quit, and then I did.
good luck :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
my mother's father was a pack a day smoker, and developed lung cancer. they removed his right lung, and part of his left. it's now 30 years later, he hasn't smoked since, and plays golf three times a week.

he's 83 and carries his clubs ;)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: Fuck, I'm 30 and I don't carry my clubs. :D Where the hell does he put his beer?!?

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
:lol: Fuck, I'm 30 and I don't carry my clubs. :D Where the hell does he put his beer?!?
he saves the drinks for after he's played. :p

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I totally missed this thread. :noplease: Anyhow, I noticed you were smoking at the SS.Org meet so you must've started back up. It's not easy and I hope you can do it this time, Chris, smoking = :noway:

I have been smoke-free for almost a year now. :D

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been off the cigs (well, for the most part) for....3 years?

I've found that it was as simple as making a real decision that I didn't want to smoke any more - not because "well, I guess it's bad" or "I really shouldn't" etc - the day I really decided I didn't want to smoke any more, I stopped. Haven't looked back.

...and that's my motivational story of the day...

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Yep, I've failed quite righteously. :(
Fuck you! Get up, and get on your feet! You didn't fail, fucker!

Get right back on that horse, dude. You only fail if you give up. Even if you're fucking lit up, puffing away right now, and gonna smoke a whole nother goddamn pack. You don't fail, as long as you resolve to try again, until you fucking succeed!

My dad got home today after 6 weeks in the hospital for lung cancer surgery. You DON'T want that, and I don't want it for you, you Irish prick! :hug:

Never surrender!

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:wub: Thanks man.

I'm a total egomaniac anyway, so I don't really need the pep talk. I just need to stop being a fag and fuckin' quit. :lol:

In the meantime, I'm just going to blame Drew, since he's not here to defend himself. :idea:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Like ya said Chris stop being si weak willed...JUST STOP like that..unless your not strong enough..:fawk:

yep im getting banned...