Christian Muenzner Signature 7 String

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
They're too busy making polyphia sigs. I feel like if that was an option or a good deal he would have done it. He briefly tried ESP when he rejoined obscura but I guess he didn't like them too much.

I spoke to him when they played in Leeds. He voluntarily dumped Ibanez mid-tour as his new Prestiges weren't staying in tune at all, he was using Steffen's ESPs out of necessity.

He said he was going to talk to Jackson and ESP; I guess Siggi was most willing to offer him what he wanted / the larger companies weren't that interested.

Extremely nice dude but so many things about the Siggi are just weirdly off. The spec on paper is insane but looking at it I'm not enticed whatsoever.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Change that finish to white like the galaxy sparkle RG1527m and it would look awesome while also appealing to the large part of his fan base that likes Ibanez.

Was Siggi Braun always North America? I thought they were a European shop.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Hot take: I'd F with it as is. It's goofy but I'm strangely drawn to that, and that everyone else seems to dislike it (not saying that's wrong either!).

But that is a lot of coin for a finish that is very niche. I LOVE crackles but rainbows with weird transitions look bizzare. 2-tone crackles work, but not the rainbow effect, IMO.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was Siggi Braun always North America? I thought they were a European shop.

He's based in Germany. The "Siggi Braun USA" thing is just his American distributor setup to make dealing with American customers easier.

I always saw Siggi as like the Chris Woods/Pat Sims of Europe. If he wants to make a great guitar he will, but sometimes he just seems to say "fuck it" and you get the horror stories and it's almost entirely unpredictable.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
The headstock fade looks good...but the body is :poop:

The Monster With .

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like obnoxious, gaudy guitars, so it's a win in my book. It being a Siggi on the other hand, is not. Maybe I'd be willing to gamble if it were like $2-2.5k, but at $4k that ain't happening :lol:
These are my thoughts as well. If this were an ESP I'd be really hoping for an LTD 1000 version.

I even like that it's more 'rainbow' than 'fade'. It's different and really stands out.

primitiverebelworld

Reaction score
It resembles some cryptic Lovecraftian antarctic landscape as like in "At The Mountains of Madness" (the novel). On which many of his songs are related to.

Latest posts