FS Cleaning out the 7 string parts, trems, pickups, etc.

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
I am starting to clear out some of my longtime built-up parts cache. Some of these are nice, some not so nice, but at any rate I want it gone! If you are interested in more than one thing I'm happy to knock down some bucks for combined shipping. I had trouble uploading pics, so until I can get around that if you are interested in something please message me and I'll send you some pics. All prices listed below are paypaled/shipped in the 48 Con-US.

The following info is the same for all items:
International OK? : For extra shipping.
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM Here.
References (eBay or other forum userid): I have a number of good deals done here, including buying, selling and trading. Also, been on ebay for almost two decades as suho99, with 100% feedback.

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ibanez RG7620 body, modded. I bought this from a forumite here, and in the past years have sold off all other parts of this guitar. It was beveled to resemble an RGD body, and painted orange. Output jack remains in the body. Pickup cavities were deepened to fit pickup magnets, presumably. Strap lock (DiMarzio) ends are attached. I may be able to locate the strap this came with. The orange paint job is not pro-level, but not too bad. It was sticky enough to cling to 3 of the 4 neck mounting grommets/washers. A little effort could remove them but they are where they belong so I didn’t bother. I believe I can locate the 4th (or another, anyway) grommet/washer. Sold as-is, but could be a nice project body for the right person.
Modifications (if any): Painted, beveled, see above.
Accessories: Comes also with back plate covers, although they have a light bluish paint residue on them – leading me to deduce that before orange this may have been painted sky blue.
Price: $50

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: OFR 7/Original Floyd Rose 7 string trem as-is. This is sold as-is and comes only with what you see. I don’t know much about Floyd-y trems, nor do I recal how I acquired this, but this seems pretty clearly to be missing some parts. State of parts on there are not great either. I assume the blocks etc are pretty well stuck, but if you are handy you may be able to revive this to usable status for low money.
Accessories: none.
Price: $29

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Takeuchi TRS- 7 Japanese licensed Floyd trem. I believe these are swappable for the Lo-TRS-7 trems on the Ibanez RG7420s, as I am pretty sure that is why I picked this up years ago (and subsequently sold the RG7420 I was going to put it on), but do your own research about whether this is true. This looks to be in pretty grand condition, although no posts or springs/claw etc. I never used it.
Price: $50

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: No-name black 7 string strat/vintage style trem bridge ( screw mount). I bought this new and never used it, but lost the mounting screws, etc. Comes as you see it.
Price: $10

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Unknown 7 string locking nut for Floyd/Edge/Ibanez type system. I don’t recall where I picked this up, although I have a feeling it was Ibanez or Floyd in origin. No mounting screws.
Price: $20

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Pair of Ibanez RG 7620 stock 7-string Humbucker pickups. I didn’t receive these with the 7620 body for sale above, but I believe they may be original to it because the tops of the bobbins are covered with a kind of bluish crap that is the same color as the body’s back plates mentioned above.
Price: $30

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Pair of Dean Evo 7 Special stock 7-string humbucker pickups. I owned the guitar these were in and sold it to a forumite maybe 10 years ago. When I had the opportunity later I bought them back because I remembered how they sounded and loved them. I play mostly clean, and these were great, punchy, clean sounding pickups. Country-ish even. I can’t comment on their distorted sound, but if you play clean these would make an interesting project choice. I want to also mention that the legs on these pickups are just a hair slightly closer together than on, say stock Ibanez or DiMarzio pups, and so may not line up with standard mounting rings for 7 string humbuckers exactly. These should probably be direct mounted. Also, the tape that wraps around the copper coils has come undone at the end. Sold as-is.
Price: $35

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: DiMarzio Blaze Single coil 7 string pickup. I never installed it, but I assume this was taken from the middle position of someone’s Ibby.
Price: $29

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Rio Grande Muy Grande 7 string single coil (RWRP?) pickup. I also never installed this one either. I assume it is the reverse wound reverse polarity because it has the bold “R” stamped into its backside.
Price: $60

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Gold metal 7 string humbucker pickup cover. This was removed from an Ibanez, I forget what model (it’s a jazz box with one pickup at the neck only). The sides look like they were snipped just a little, perhaps to fit over the pickup legs better.
Price: $10

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Neck pickup from an Ibanez S-5427 ( think these are called V77). Frankly, I actually really like these pickups. The V87 bridge pickups suck balls but the neck pickups are very nice for clean/low gain playing. I think this comes with a pot from Ibanez too.
Price: $20

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
All inquiries answered in more detail tonight. I'm at "work" right now. Thanks.

Latest posts