Cobra Kai (Karate Kid Reboot Series)

• Thread starter SpaceDock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I just started watching this last night and got 3 episodes in, an instant classic. Cobra Kai is what my life was missing but I never knew it. I used to think I was a Danny, but I am a Johnny!

Hope y’all like it too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I just started watching this last night and got 3 episodes in, an instant classic. Cobra Kai is what my life was missing but I never knew it. I used to think I was a Danny, but I am a Johnny!

Hope y’all like it too.
it's great. Season 2 is even better, especially the later fight scenes

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I saw the first 2 episodes last year when it was premiered on “YouTube Red” or whatever it was called. Seemed like a cool show, but not cool enough to pay a YouTube subscription fee :lol:

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Oh nice. I’ll definitely check it out. I always thought the premise that -Daniel was actually the bully- was an interesting take. Not sure if this series actually plays out that way, but I suppose I can find out by watching it.
it's on netflix now since google gave up on show/film producing.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
Oh nice. I’ll definitely check it out. I always thought the premise that -Daniel was actually the bully- was an interesting take. Not sure if this series actually plays out that way, but I suppose I can find out by watching it.
It plays with the concept of memory being fallible/malleable, where Johnny remembers events one way and Daniel another. It makes for some great drama, and the interwoven flashbacks and solid fight sequences/comedy make it quite enjoyable. It's a far better show than it has any right to be lol

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Just binged watched the first season and I don't really even watch TV anymore. It's a good series. Seems a bit more realistic in terms of charater backgrounds and such. I totally can empathize with Johnny's life. I like everyone is kind of the good guy and the bad guys.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I just started Umbrella Academy, and the poor acting is grating on me, so maybe I’ll switch. I didn’t think this would be worthwhile, but it sounds like it’s going to be good, based on what you guys are saying.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
I just started Umbrella Academy, and the poor acting is grating on me, so maybe I’ll switch. I didn’t think this would be worthwhile, but it sounds like it’s going to be good, based on what you guys are saying.
umbrella academy starts off relatively slow but it gets better. The first few episodes are kind of a slog.

mongey

Reaction score

it is a slog at first. But it’s worth it.

I actually enjoyed the 2nd season more than the first.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
It's obviously geared for kids but still pretty good. The Cobra Kai actors seem to have good acting skills. Not sure if they're good at acting like teenage characters or if it's because they're actually teenagers. I'm gonna have to watch season 3 when it comes though.

mongey

Reaction score
smashed the first season. liked it allot

a couple of ep's into the second and its a bit too Larusso heavy for me so far