coffee thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
hey yo fellas. Can any of you recommend a good yet affordable electric burr grinder?

I have a fancy hand grinder, but I'm getting too busy these days to do 3-4 coffees a day like that lol

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
My current grinder was pissing me off, so I finally pulled the trigger on a Fellow Opus burr grinder.

fyi they're running a 20% off sale right now
hey yo fellas. Can any of you recommend a good yet affordable electric burr grinder?

I have a fancy hand grinder, but I'm getting too busy these days to do 3-4 coffees a day like that lol
I've heard good things about the baratza encore (i think that's the model name). They run 150$ normally.

I'll let you know how the Fellow Opus works out.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My current grinder was pissing me off, so I finally pulled the trigger on a Fellow Opus burr grinder.

fyi they're running a 20% off sale right now

I've heard good things about the baratza encore (i think that's the model name). They run 150$ normally.

I'll let you know how the Fellow Opus works out.
oh cool!

I think i'm going to have to push off my electric burr grinder purchase until I figure out if I'll be making a paycheck this winter, or if I'm going to have a whoooole lot of free time until next spring/summer when work picks up again lol

it'll be great to get a second opinion on that Fellows one though. A coworker also recommended them, and it sounded pretty solid.

jaxadam

Reaction score
For those of you that have been waiting on the seasonal coffee bar update kaboom.

IMG-8855.jpg

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
My local super market has this list by the door where customers can write what products they'd like the shop to order in. So I had written my favorite coffee "Zoegas Blue Java" on there before and even had a little conversation with the manager about it, but there were lots of people in queue behind me so he kinda forgot about it. So yesterday when I went there again, the manager happened to be at the register and I asked him about that coffee, and since I was the only customer, he immediately signed into their wholesale system and ordered it :) So according to their estimates, they should have it in shelf tomorrow (but thanks to the country-wide strikes it'll probably be sometime next week).

Huge victory either way :coffee:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was at Target looking for towels, and I found a cheap-o Cuisinart coffee burr grinder for $16.99! So I bought it. 'cause I need one for poor folk and not one of those that are hundreds of dollars.

On my first cup, I think I ground it a bit too long and it got super fine. But wheeewwww!! This cup of coffee is strong. lol 🤯

I really like it though. Definitely worth the $17 for when I'm in a hurry vs using my hand grinder. Just dump in a servings> grind for a few seconds. Boom! done! Plus it was really easy to clean.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
There is one type of coffee. It is black. Either from Columbia or Sumatra. It is made it with a french press that I upend and then momentarily resume my morning, only to return upon the completion of filtering. It is not sweet. It does not have other things in it. It does not require a complex machine. There is a life beyond the hill of idle exploration which is much more credible, though identical, to life before it. If a man cannot be satisfied with perfecting the basics he will never be able to see a gimmick for what it really is.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
There is one type of coffee. It is black. Either from Columbia or Sumatra. It is made it with a french press that I upend and then momentarily resume my morning, only to return upon the completion of filtering. It is not sweet. It does not have other things in it. It does not require a complex machine. There is a life beyond the hill of idle exploration which is much more credible, though identical, to life before it. If a man cannot be satisfied with perfecting the basics he will never be able to see a gimmick for what it really is.
10/10 on the pretentiousness. Nailed the coffee snob vibe.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
It's American pretentiousness, though. Notice how I did not properly punctuate "french", now twice, purposefully. The kind of pretentiousness that says I might actually enjoy something along the lines of Vietnamese coffee, but would never admit it while letting it end in a victorious draw down.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Excluding Ethiopia seems like a sigma move.