Completed: Full scratch build of headless multiscale 7-string

• Thread starter DUY1337GUITAR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DUY1337GUITAR

Reaction score
Specs:
Body: Black limba with maple burl top
Neck: Black limba, carbon fiber reinforced
Fretboard: Palemoon ebony (brown stripes)
Frets: Jescar 57110 Jumbo
Bridge: Nova Guitar Parts headless system
Pickups: Seymour Duncan Scarlet and Scourge set
Scale Length: 25.5"-27"

Finishing:
Topcoat: Crystalac Britetone gloss
Sanding sealer: Mohawk's pre-cat sanding sealer
Grain filler: Aqua coat
Dye: Transtint
Abrasives: Super Assilex, Super Bufflex
Polish: Menzerna compounds

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Looks great! Watching the video now. You had a few close calls with that router table man... I thought you were going to have one finger less for playing.

One question though: where did you get / how did you build that jig to hold the router to thickness and plan your blanks? Looks better than what I can get so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DUY1337GUITAR

Reaction score
Looks great! Watching the video now. You had a few close calls with that router table man... I thought you were going to have one finger less for playing.

One question though: where did you get / how did you build that jig to hold the router to thickness and plan your blanks? Looks better than what I can get so far.

There are purchasable kits for building your own router sled, but most of them are for trim routers, so I had to design my own for the Dewalt 618. I used SBR16 rails and bearings.

Here's a kit for trim routers, but you may have to source your own rails: https://www.woodgrainjunkie.com/shop-router-sled/p/router-sled

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score

DUY1337GUITAR

Reaction score
Cheers! I'll try to source the equivalent in EU now that I know the proper name of it. Or just make my own.

I just looked up the specific names of each part, here they are:

SFC16 rails with SC16 bearing blocks:

2024-01-24 13_41_18-VEVOR 2PCS SFC16 1000mm Linear Guide 4 PCS SC16 Bearing Block 4 PCS Rail S...png

SBR16 rails with SBR16UU bearing blocks:

2024-01-24 13_40_43-VEVOR 2PCS SBR16 800mm Linear Guide Rail Slide Rail 4 PCS SBR16UU Bearing ...png

The SFC16 holds my router and mounts onto the SBR16. The SBR16 mounts to my table. You'll need to make an interface plate to mount the clamps onto the SBR16UU blocks.

Blocks are generally included with the rails; you'll likely find many options on eBay.

Best of luck!