Concurrent RGA7 replacement body builds

• Thread starter Elysian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i probably worked on 6 or 7 different customer guitars yesterday, was a very productive day, but i only snapped one picture, heres my 3+4/4+3 headstock, made to similar specs as my 3+5/5+3 headstock on my 8, what i did to keep the dimensions was space out the tuners on the 4 side a little wider than the 3+5. opinions?

IMG00125.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Elysian, any chance you could make RG conversion necks. Necks that make 25.5" scales > 30" scales and so on (possibly making up the extra length with extra frets)? They'd sell like hot cakes for those sick of their Ibanez's flubby low Bs.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Elysian, any chance you could make RG conversion necks. Necks that make 25.5" scales > 30" scales and so on (possibly making up the extra length with extra frets)? They'd sell like hot cakes for those sick of their Ibanez's flubby low Bs.

yeah, i can definitely handle that, would just need to figure out the scale length and number of frets necissary to accomplish that.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
How about 7 string AANJ CrabClaw bodies? I dunno how many folk would go for them, but I think the CrabClaw is gorgeous.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
i probably worked on 6 or 7 different customer guitars yesterday, was a very productive day, but i only snapped one picture, heres my 3+4/4+3 headstock, made to similar specs as my 3+5/5+3 headstock on my 8, what i did to keep the dimensions was space out the tuners on the 4 side a little wider than the 3+5. opinions?

IMG00125.jpg

That's nice. It reminds me a bit of the Jackson SLS headstock, which i've always quite liked. I've been working on a similar design, but not quite as angular. I've also spaced the tuners out a bit more on one side. It's almost impossible to avoid it in order to keep the straight string pull off the nut and not have the tuner bodies bumping into each other.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
That's nice. It reminds me a bit of the Jackson SLS headstock, which i've always quite liked. I've been working on a similar design, but not quite as angular. I've also spaced the tuners out a bit more on one side. It's almost impossible to avoid it in order to keep the straight string pull off the nut and not have the tuner bodies bumping into each other.

yeah, thats the exact issue i had to work around on the 4 side, bumping into the top tuner on the 3 side, hence why the spacing is as shown.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Even the SLS headstock has the tuners spaced out more on one side than the other, and i don't think it detracts from the design at all.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Even the SLS headstock has the tuners spaced out more on one side than the other, and i don't think it detracts from the design at all.

nah, i think it works well, even on my crabclaw headstock i did the same. really i just wanted it to be the same size as the 8 headstock, because i didn't want it to look too small, kind of a fine line between too small and too large. this neck is going on a Rhoads V body(as a set neck), so i think it compliments the Rhoads V shape fairly well.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
since you mentioned it, how's the 8 string build coming along? also, the other superstrat, I haven't seen those in a bit.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
since you mentioned it, how's the 8 string build coming along? also, the other superstrat, I haven't seen those in a bit.

the 8 string hasn't moved in a little while, i've been working on the more pressing projects, including yours, petes, lee's, and chris'. the superstrat hasn't done a lot either, i need to plan out the cavity so i can fit all the graphtech electronics.