Could you critique my song?

dropkickproductiontx

Carson Carter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted an unfinished version of this song a few days ago asking for help with mixing. Now, it's finished, and I'm pretty sure I've worked out most of the kinks, but I'm not entirely sure. Could you guys possibly critique me on my mixing, mastering, and playing/songwriting?

Keep in mind I'm only 17 years old, and I use pretty shitty equipment. But I think I have a decent sound...what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
Your cleans sound sweet, your distorted sounds a lil fuzzy. The only other beef I have is the kick it seems to punch but almost too much turn it down a tad. The bass sits nicely though which I like alot. Sweet tune.

dropkickproductiontx

Carson Carter
Reaction score
Thanks man I'll keep that in mind on the next song I do. My tone definitely needs work I'll agree haha. Guitar rig is not the best program.

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
Legion and lecab with some decent impulse responses are definitely worth looking into for guitar tones (with some compression and gating before hand).

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
loved the bass, the cleans and the song by itself

there are some pretty sweets leads too
I like it :)

could you tell me though, what do you do for mastering? Im pretty retarded when it comes to that