What's on your workbench?

• Thread starter Walterson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
AP1GczNI6QrznMaWf-Ewlv0MYWxNPhe7kGR3o4teu80G5BOnarZLVQY4uZnK_2Lf-fF_j238vA-h4R8THF2O3KNSkG6AhGnP61tPmDlFlmzK1QFvnkPERTjG3afAzKGckugyAVCHFzH3OBSDxPWkhq7a_k5D=w606-h900-s-no
Holy shit my eyes!

I love it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
You know what. Since everyone is posting nice stuff, let me show the dark side of being a beginner aspiring amateur luthier.

Very damn near fucked up the angle of the channel between the control cavity and the bridge HB. Granted, thin body etc but still. I expected better out of me. The good news is, it's still all well within the cavity and cleaned up well. Was literally 2.5mm of being a major fuckup.

Screenshot_20240622-221155-026.png

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Just getting over having Covid (just out of wack for 3 weeks this time not 8 weeks like the first time i got it...) & as the Sun is now out and temps are up in the UK (finally) i decided to surf green a strat body i had kicking around & 2K clear my RG HS body that i had to strip & respray last year because the clear id used would just not cure...hope this batch of cans is better (time i got a gun setup and ditched the rattle cans. i think...)

AP1GczNI6QrznMaWf-Ewlv0MYWxNPhe7kGR3o4teu80G5BOnarZLVQY4uZnK_2Lf-fF_j238vA-h4R8THF2O3KNSkG6AhGnP61tPmDlFlmzK1QFvnkPERTjG3afAzKGckugyAVCHFzH3OBSDxPWkhq7a_k5D=w606-h900-s-no
AP1GczPMNxxc00V6AmtYXL8kbxjotG2x3oCEiHh5AX_hWYo7l88XJ3_UmFUd5bgqf2eSwZt2zr8irEnTXGRQJ5TyXDWWJA39L0ihLzJ1qBonjBv_qwViEF-F4vN9mV7da0dZ_tMHxYgAxlksIeRZ2IMtWp9M=w943-h1199-s-no
sm.JPG

cip 123

Reaction score
You know what. Since everyone is posting nice stuff, let me show the dark side of being a beginner aspiring amateur luthier.

Very damn near fucked up the angle of the channel between the control cavity and the bridge HB. Granted, thin body etc but still. I expected better out of me. The good news is, it's still all well within the cavity and cleaned up well. Was literally 2.5mm of being a major fuckup.

View attachment 145446
I'm still doing this, it's the one thing that is eternally humbling!

I try not to go from the very bottom of the HB cavity and it allows a bit more clearance so I can get a good shallow angle without hitting the side of the pup route, and use a long 6mm bit currently.

I've seen it done drilling from through the output jack. But that seems like it requires a lot of planning and nerves, and I never have much of either.

Bridge grounds is another one that makes me want to vomit, when I'm doing it on a finished guitar :lol: