Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

• Thread starter 1337
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
I hit armsrace and DM every now and then for a few quick rounds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I've completely given up on opening cases. Sure it's fun to watch the wheel spin, but why spend 1.80 on a key when you can just buy skins of the marketplace for 10p.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've completely given up on opening cases. Sure it's fun to watch the wheel spin, but why spend 1.80 on a key when you can just buy skins of the marketplace for 10p.
But what if you get a knife or sick AWP skin bro0o0oooooOooOo??!1

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
I still play from time to time. Not huge into like I was.
My account is an LEM (Legendary Eagle Master) on competitive.
Steam Account: Sohzo.

No guarantee I'll see any requests any time soon. Just leave a message and I'm sure we can game sometime! :D

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I'd definitely be up for playing with you guys if anyone wants to. I think my name on steam is jonajon91, but my screen name is just Jonathan so it might be tricky to find.

---edit---

Found my page online. If anyone see's that I'm playing and want's to join, just send me a message and ill set up a chat.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039944197

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I picked this game back up. I played for a bit, nabbed a few really cheap skins off the market, but it kinda felt like I was struggling to even get kills in it. Played source for a bit and was tearing it up in TDM. Went back to CS:GO and went right back to dying a lot.

Either all the skilled players moved on to CS:GO or there's something up with the mechanics of the guns. :lol:

Samacle

Reaction score
I play it a bit...

b4b9459e9181a5aba072034218ee704f.png

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I picked this game back up. I played for a bit, nabbed a few really cheap skins off the market, but it kinda felt like I was struggling to even get kills in it. Played source for a bit and was tearing it up in TDM. Went back to CS:GO and went right back to dying a lot.

Either all the skilled players moved on to CS:GO or there's something up with the mechanics of the guns. :lol:
The mechanics are definitely different. This past week they released a patch that seemed to nerf rifles a bit. I'm still playing it like I would CS Source back in the day and it doesn't work out particularly well most of the time. :lol: At least I can get an positive K/D ratio most of the time now.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I'm getting more kills now, so a fair bit of it is just practice. I'm a real pain the rear on office with that Scar 20 though.

Also, this game should be named CS:AWP because christ does everyone abuse that gun. :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, this game should be named CS:AWP because christ does everyone abuse that gun. :lol:
I've been saying the exact same thing since I started playing this game more. :rofl:

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. And then laugh at everyone who gets pissed at you when you use auto snipers.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I've gotten people crying up a storm at me for my wanton abuse of the Scar 20 on office. I shamelessly pick CT on office just so I can camp out by the back windows to the right of CT spawn and pick off anyone heading into the room where the hostages are.

Also, I'm able to get kills on almost every map I play and I even nabbed mvp a couple of times. So yeah, it's all practice and basically unlearning skills I learned in other fps. The mechanics for this game are pretty far removed from the battlefield/CoD games I've sunk a lot of time into in the past. Hell, even CSS is different despite having basically the same maps.

Oh and what do you all think of that new revolver? Seems weird to give it a really long trigger pull, but the sidestep it by right clicking instead to fan the hammer. I get that there's likely a reduction in accuracy, but still. Its one-shot ability is right up there with the AWP if you can land a solid hit.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I think the post patch R8 is really cool. Two body shots at most ranges and a one shot headshot, I actually think they figured out a balance for it. Quick trick I picked up for it is to keep pressing left click with is, but not firing. Then if you see an enemy, you might already be halfway through the trigger pull.
That said, if valve want to keep the game fresh through updates, they should add maps not guns.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Man, I used to drink whisky and play CS:Source nightly a few years back. I played a lot of CS:GO for a while too. I have played neither much this year due to my two job schedule though. :(

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the post patch R8 is really cool. Two body shots at most ranges and a one shot headshot, I actually think they figured out a balance for it. Quick trick I picked up for it is to keep pressing left click with is, but not firing. Then if you see an enemy, you might already be halfway through the trigger pull.
That said, if valve want to keep the game fresh through updates, they should add maps not guns.
I agree with all of this aside from the adding maps not guns. Maps are actually user generated and they might add them in later, like in the case of Cache. I personally think they should add both to keep it fresh.

As for the R8, it's strong but I don't like using it, much rather have the Deagle. I didn't see it when it was released and OP before the patch to fix it, though. The long trigger pull is a good trade-off I'd say, and the right click wild fire is hugely inaccurate but would be good close range.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I've been playing a lot of this and while I like it and find it to be one of the more challenging fps games, I find that much of the community is cancerous. It's like grown-ups doing the whole "I f**k'd ur mum fag, k m8?" crap and I just can't game with people like that. So I'm playing less sparingly. But trading for skins is pretty fun.

ferret

Reaction score
I haven't had voice enabled for like...5 years.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I refunded the game 14 minutes after buying it. The inability to aim down sights in this day and age is unacceptable IMO. It completely killed it for me.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I refunded the game 14 minutes after buying it. The inability to aim down sights in this day and age is unacceptable IMO. It completely killed it for me.

It just takes some practice. When I started playing, I could hit a guy even from 1 feet away. :lol:

In other news, I finally actually enabled all the 144 hertzes in my monitor. 6 months after buying the damn thing... :ugh: The game looks f'cking glorious and I feel like aiming is also way easier now.

ftr

Reaction score
i have been playing for pretty much a year now. i have always just played casual but recently started playing competitive. holy ...., it is alot more fun, i play it pretty much everyday now. who else plays competitive and want to join me? i hate being put in teams where only one or two people have mics. it doesn't happen often but when it does it is frustrating.

Latest posts