Cover for pickup cavity?

• Thread starter Flick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flick

Reaction score
I am going to experiment with removing the neck pickup from my guitar. I want to find a cover for the entire cavity. The cavity is setup for direct mount. I would prefer to use the two existing screw holes to mount the new cover. I’ve looked around and haven’t had any luck finding something like this. Can anyone produce or find a cover like this?

The guitar I’m modding is an Ibanez RGR5221. I only ever use the bridge pickup.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any 'pickup-delete' plates, but you could probably cut one out of an old backplate.

Another option is to simply disconnect the neck pickup. Or if you're of the belief that neck pickups draw magnetic pull from the bridge pickup, you can buy empty EMG-style pickup shells on Amazon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
I got a customer pickguard from terrapin island because they were the only place with a template for an Esp M2/kh4 style guard. I got them to make it with only a bridge pickup hole and I made the hole for the volume knob and fitting around the Tom studs because I can't stand seeing a fixed bridge guitar with a pickguard that has a bigass cutout for a tremolo bridge.

Flick

Reaction score
I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for so I just got the materials and made it myself. I made a template for the empty routing on the guitar. Cut a piece of blank pickguard using the template. I got a can of orange paint and black crackle paint(which is pretty fun to work with). I put clear coat over it the crackle finish. Cut a piece of foam that filled the cavity. 3M mounting taped the foam to the cavity and the cover to the foam. I’m satisfied with the result. IMG_4407.jpeg

Latest posts