Covid 19/Coronavirus

• Thread starter Ralyks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
53% of the US is vaccinated, we are number 55 in the world for percent of population vaccinated, right behind Cambodia. Let that sink in. We had the vaccine well before those countries as well. It’s backwards politics and morons holding us back. We have to get vaccines to go to public school, go to college, serve in the military, and to take many jobs. Now that the vaccine is fully FDA approved there is no reason to not make it mandatory. If people really want to walk away from their job because they are that obstinate, I don’t think they are the people employers want anyhow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
53% of the US is vaccinated, we are number 55 in the world for percent of population vaccinated, right behind Cambodia. Let that sink in. We had the vaccine well before those countries as well. It’s backwards politics and morons holding us back. We have to get vaccines to go to public school, go to college, serve in the military, and to take many jobs. Now that the vaccine is fully FDA approved there is no reason to not make it mandatory. If people really want to walk away from their job because they are that obstinate, I don’t think they are the people employers want anyhow.

That's what needs to happen. Make it mandatory all across the board. Those that refuse to take it will start to go broke> give up> get their vaccines and get back to work. They'll bitch about it, but they'll do it except for the most extreme elements. And why, some might ask? Because people love money, and if their path to making money is cut off by a vaccine requirement, then they will at some point break down and take the damn thing.

mbardu

Reaction score
Anyone fighting getting vaccinated at this point is a moron living in a repubtard Facebook bubble. In ten years people will look back on this like dipshits who were pissed about wearing seatbelts. Glad to see Biden mandate it, I am over this and these horse paste munching a-holes need to suck it up.

Yikes...
Hateful generalizations really come easily, even to those who think of themselves as having the moral high ground.
Literally the same as the "thought" process of people on the other end of the political spectrum that they so hate.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Yikes...
Hateful generalizations really come easily, even to those who think of themselves as having the moral high ground.
Literally the same as the "thought" process of people on the other end of the political spectrum that they so hate.
Except that only one side of this vaccine debate is killing people.

mbardu

Reaction score
Except that only one side of this vaccine debate is killing people.

I was not talking about who's killing who. We know vaccines can save a ton of lives.
Literally just commenting on hateful generalizations.

mbardu

Reaction score
Is it really "hateful" to say fuck these asshats who are killing everyone?

When you are talking about 45% of a population and you know almost nothing of the people in that group.
When you actively wish harm to that many people just on the basis of an imagined stereotype of the mythical dumb antivax MAGAt.
Yeah I'd say that's a pretty gross, unneeded and pretty hateful generalization.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
When you actively wish harm
Sorry, I know I wasn't the person you originally replied to, but I didn't notice anyone doing that. What I did notice is people actively wishing these fucking idiots would get vaccinated because they are actively harming people right now.

mbardu

Reaction score
Sorry, I know I wasn't the person you originally replied to, but I didn't notice anyone doing that. What I did notice is people actively wishing these fucking idiots would get vaccinated because they are actively harming people right now.

I was literally saying that things like "moron living in a repubtard Facebook bubble" or calling people we know nothing about "dipshits" is a bit of a hateful generalization.
As for harm, now it's celebrating that people would no longer have jobs as some sort of revenge, or a few pages ago in this same thread it was wishing hospitals would stop treating unvaccinated people and we should just let them die.
The hate is there for all to see.

Bodes

Reaction score
I'm going to need to pull the "I'm a foreigner" card for more information.

Are Americans that politically divided that these accusations of the majority of your citizens who aren't getting vaccinated on the Republican side of the political spectrum? Or are people being a bit too over the top with their statements?
Surely the almost 40% of your population not being partially vaccinated at this stage must be from all political persuasions?

IwantTacos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm going to need to pull the "I'm a foreigner" card for more information.

Are Americans that politically divided that these accusations of the majority of your citizens who aren't getting vaccinated on the Republican side of the political spectrum? Or are people being a bit too over the top with their statements?
Surely the almost 40% of your population not being partially vaccinated at this stage must be from all political persuasions?

nope. The unvaccinated and the deaths currently skew overwhelming fly conservative. Almost to a factor of 6 to 1.

IwantTacos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Or you know. Actively harming themselves
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Bodes

Reaction score
nope. The unvaccinated and the deaths currently skew overwhelming fly conservative. Almost to a factor of 6 to 1.

Colour me surprised.
How is this measured? Or is it an estimation based on 'they live in an area that historically vote Republican' thing?

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
You're the guy who pretended to be a doctor to tell people not to get vaccinated.

Also, I've since taken an mRNA vaccine and I'm feeling pretty good.

Awesome for you; don't forget the boosters, in order to keep your passport active and up to date. By the way, can you quote me where I stated I was a doctor, as opposed to suggesting information (like everyone else on this and every other DISCUSSION forum)? I don't know anyone who passed from covid (the flu), but I do know two who passed from the medication (one was older, so he may not count, whereas one was mid-50s and healthy) and another fifteen with 'injuries' (nose bleeds, modest neurological disorders, bell's palsy, constant illness that won't go away, contracting Delta). And that was after my Doctor Welby M.D. audition.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Awesome for you; don't forget the boosters, in order to keep your passport active and up to date. By the way, can you quote me where I stated I was a doctor, as opposed to suggesting information (like everyone else on this and every other DISCUSSION forum)? I don't know anyone who passed from covid (the flu), but I do know two who passed from the medication (one was older, so he may not count, whereas one was mid-50s and healthy) and another fifteen with 'injuries' (nose bleeds, modest neurological disorders, bell's palsy, constant illness that won't go away, contracting Delta). And that was after my Doctor Welby M.D. audition.
You pretended by omission. You said you were in a medical textbook and people should listen to you, which has only one implication.

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
You pretended by omission. You said you were in a medical textbook and people should listen to you, which has only one implication.

Go ahead and quote me. I clearly stated that because I contributed to the Merck Manual (in the areas of exercise and rehab) that I knew doctors from that publication and their stance on the vaccine. There was no omission. I indicated my knowledge and understanding based on the expertise of others. It was through YOUR misinterpretation, for which I am not liable.