Covid 19/Coronavirus

• Thread starter Ralyks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
lmao!!!!!!!!!!

seriously why are we cutting trees down?!? i haven't seen anything made of wood in a long time - if ever. this one goes all the way to the top i tell ya!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
lmao!!!!!!!!!!

seriously why are we cutting trees down?!? i haven't seen anything made of wood in a long time - if ever. this one goes all the way to the top i tell ya!!!!

Most homes have lumbar in them. A 2x4 in Canada now costs $6, whereas a year ago it was $2. Overall framing, roofs. stuff like that.

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
My back has lumbar. I can't think of a single thing made from trees.
furniture, homes (as already indicated), guitars (I think you play one), speaker cabinets (you may use those as well), some pedal boards (again), toothpicks, pencils...

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I just legitimately laughed out loud. My morning is made.

dd0.gif

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Super-boring response for the sake of anyone reading who may be unaware:

Materials prices shoot up because they were hampered at the source by closures/shutdowns of businesses for who knows how long depending on the country of origin. Of the companies allowed to reopen they’ve had to implement Covid protocols for distancing etc which would generally negatively affect amount processed. Then global shipping and transport has been slowed to a crawl for the last year+ decreasing supply further.

And on the demand side you have massive increase in residential demand for lumber as homeowners have engaged in project after project to both make use of their new free time while quarantined and add useable space to their homes.

It’s just basic supply and demand. But it’s more fun to link videos that say “It’s a conspiracy.” It’s always a conspiracy. The most obvious and logical reason is too boring, so let’s play “who can say the most ridiculous nonsense”.

Bonus point for convincing others who are not skilled at critical reasoning.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Materials prices shoot up because they were hampered at the source by closures/shutdowns of businesses for who knows how long depending on the country of origin. Of the companies allowed to reopen they’ve had to implement Covid protocols for distancing etc which would generally negatively affect amount processed. Then global shipping and transport has been slowed to a crawl for the last year+ decreasing supply further.

And on the demand side you have massive increase in residential demand for lumber as homeowners have engaged in project after project to both make use of their new free time while quarantined and add useable space to their homes.

Nooo, couldn’t be basic supply and fucking demand. It’s a conspiracy. It’s always a conspiracy. The most obvious and logical reason is too boring, so let’s play “who can say the most ridiculous nonsense”.

Bonus point for convincing others who are not skilled at critical reasoning.

I don't know, can you back that up with any data?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I don't know, can you back that up with any data?

My $1,000+ Per month in financial data subscriptions, lol.

If there is anything I’ve learned about speaking with people who argue in bad faith, is that they show up to drop a little “quip” or link, and then instantly disappear whenever anyone disproves their baseless claims with data. Because “losing” to a peer reviewed article isn’t fun anymore.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My $1,000+ Per month in financial data subscriptions, lol.

If there is anything I’ve learned about speaking with people who argue in bad faith, is that they show up to drop a little “quip” or link like they think they are fucking Q from their mass delusion of an online LARP game and then instantly disappear whenever anyone disproves their baseless claims with data.

This thread is delivering today. :lol:

sleewell

Reaction score
yea i dunno... that point is not very well supported, its almost like you need to dial up the lumbar support or something.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
This thread. WTF? LOL.

FWIW, our demand in the cabinet industry has been through the roof for months at this point. We're discussing adding another shift just to try and un-bury ourselves from the lead time hell we've found ourselves in. It's absurd.

And some of those cabinets are made from trees. :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a vaccine do nothing in terms of your ability to spread it to other people anyway? You might not get sick yourself, but if we have no proof it stops you from being a carrier, then the mask is still necessary because it's not about protecting yourself at that point.

I mean, for a lot of us, it was never about protecting ourselves anyway - I could get the rona and be fine - but I know plenty of people who wouldn't be if they got it from me.
My best guess, from what's coming out of the CDC, is they believe it's at least fairly effective at stopping transmission via vaccinated individuals, but aren't ready to fully commit to that given the incomplete picture they have right now. It's awfully hard to understand their guidance that fully vaccinated adults can socialize indoors without masks with low risk adults, but should still wear masks around high risk ones.