Critique on my Novice Mix PLEASE!

IRequirezANewHOST

Reaction score
I'm really just starting in this whole home recording thing. I'm a kid who just started college and who shamefully somehow has no band in the biggest city in the States and would like to hear some feedback on the home recording i've done or tried to do on this idea I came up with.

I'm pretty new to this (about 3weeks- a month in) so really i'd just like to hear advice from some more experienced people.

http://soundcloud.com/clickclickclick-1/the-fridge-locker/s-0hm6A

the name is stupid I know... lol. just please .... someone give me some help it would all be appreciated. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
:welcome:

Best thing to do is keep working on your recordings to develop a "business card" which you can show to other musicians, either to encourage auditions for existing acts or to aid in developing your own.

Nice and tight playing on here. :yesway:

You could consider the arrangement to get more mileage out of this material, it's quite a riff salad. The Drum programming doesn't follow the music so great and the levels aren't quite right. However it's a great start! :agreed:

Not bad at all for only 3 weeks! :D

Keep developing new music, rather than focusing on a single tune to the exclusion of other material. Once you have a few tunes go back and rerecord them to your best ability as you will learn more about your DAW and recording as you get more time under your belt.

Keep 'em coming and please don't be afraid of criticism. Abusive people are usually pretty obvious, file in asshole category. However if you don't listen to people trying to help, just as they needed help when they were learning, you'll cut yourself off from easy ways to improve. Sometimes harsh criticism of your work can seem a personal insult, but it's always worth considering, especially if you like what they do when they post their music.

Happy writing and recording! :wavey:

IRequirezANewHOST

Reaction score
Wow man thanks for the feedback. It's nice to hear I got a decent start, and yeah I hear what you mean about riff salad and my drum programming definitely needs work. :lol: The thread in your signature where you posted your tips is sure to help as well thank you so much. cheers!

Latest posts