Current BC Rich Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'm over here wondering why the hell someone wants branding at all.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I get it, some headstocks look strange without a logo, and if you don't want to have a crappy DIY sticker with your name on it, it makes sense. But its a grey area. A friend of mine made a fake Rickenbacker logo for his Fakenbacker bass that hung up in his studio. It was a gorgeous 1970s natural finished copy, and a total piece of shit to play. I know for a fact he wouldn't sell it labelled up as a fake, so I have no issue with it. This is the trouble with the internet - nobody knows anyone. The guy who made the post is probably the most honest genuine person ever, but nobody knows, so everyone fears the worst.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I get it, some headstocks look strange without a logo, and if you don't want to have a crappy DIY sticker with your name on it, it makes sense. But its a grey area. A friend of mine made a fake Rickenbacker logo for his Fakenbacker bass that hung up in his studio. It was a gorgeous 1970s natural finished copy, and a total piece of shit to play. I know for a fact he wouldn't sell it labelled up as a fake, so I have no issue with it. This is the trouble with the internet - nobody knows anyone. The guy who made the post is probably the most honest genuine person ever, but nobody knows, so everyone fears the worst.
To make the grey area worse, I have no issues with luthiers using another company’s shapes, but I have a big issue with them using the company’s trademarked logo.

I would be totally fine with Fender releasing a ripoff Ironbird, but doing an inlayed mother of pearl F instead of the BC Rich R, for instance.

In your friend’s case, I think a “Fakenbacker” logo would make that thing even cooler than the Rickenbacker logo

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
You can probably count on one hand the number of fibreglass kitted Pontiac Fieros that someone bought believing it was a Ferrari 360 :lol:

Back in the day I wouldn't be caught dead in a fiero. I had a trans am gta I tried to make look like Kit from Knight Rider haha. Nowadays I'd drive a fiero completely unironically XD damn I'm getting old

HanSwolo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm on the side that I don't mind as long as no one passes it of as an original or it's for personal use only. I've seen people pay crazy money for copies of Gibsons and Fenders with the original logo on them. Isn't Slash's Les Paul a copy by some dude named Max or something?

Problem is people are assholes. So sometimes they just need to be policed into doing something stupid like I mentioned above.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Back in the day I wouldn't be caught dead in a fiero. I had a trans am gta I tried to make look like Kit from Knight Rider haha. Nowadays I'd drive a fiero completely unironically XD damn I'm getting old

I know this thread ain't the place for it but since I briefly brought it up I may as well show the sauce.

Screenshot_20240418-110948_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240418-111052_Firefox.jpg

ste vla jang

Guitar enthusiat from Build,Play & Composing it.
Reaction score
im sorry if im cause trouble and irritated every purist here.. i build another build without BC rich logo cause it aint rich at all, these more like my Homages to Wave 🌊 model , which we've rarely seen in mint condition today... here's some CNC build process of these Wave

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my Beast back from the tech. I had them install new bridge studs and posts (the original posts were shot and didn't match with the Gotoh 1996 trem I fitted), level the frets, raise the nut and an overall set up. Couldn't hold out long till I switched the original pickups for an EMG 81/85 set when I got home, now it sounds and plays how I'd want this monster to play.

Xx4C1Bz.jpg

manu80

Reaction score
up to people.... he may be honest and the othey guy won't be, you never know....
I sold a bc warlock silver series for 150 euros that I modified with diamond plate and on which i redid the headstock with a "R" Usa logo. The buyer later tried to sold it as a USA model for 1K on reverb.....

uni777

Reaction score
up to people.... he may be honest and the othey guy won't be, you never know....
I sold a bc warlock silver series for 150 euros that I modified with diamond plate and on which i redid the headstock with a "R" Usa logo. The buyer later tried to sold it as a USA model for 1K on reverb.....
This. Those BC Roman caused a lot of people being ripped off.
The whole Neckplate confusion is muddy enough let alone all the fakes floating around.