Custom Bernie Rico Jr. Hesperian Slant Top

ZombiAdam

Reaction score
So one of my pals from the studio "Will Putney" who happen to play in Fit For An Autopsy got an endorsement deal from Bernie Rico Jr. and received the sweetest looking/playing 7 string I've ever seen. Straight out of the box it called attention with it's clean simple oil finish. The only thing better than the looks was how it sounded and played. I decided right then and there to spend all my savings on my own custom Bernie Rico Jr. guitar! I went to his site and got all the info I needed and gave him a call. We talked for weeks almost every other day to get all the specs and work out the looks of this new monster. In the end we decided to do a 7 string Hesperian Slant Top with a neck thru construction, mahogany wings with a Spalted Maple top. I also wanted custom text inlays and the glow in the dark side blocks! So it's been 2 months since I put my deposit in and I just got some sweet progress pictures straight out of the wood shop and thought I'd share it!

photo-4.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Imo, these Rico slant tops are amongst the sweetest axes you can get. I really REEEAAALLY like every aspect of their design.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
That is one beautiful looking git-fiddle. Spalted tops = I need new shorts.

ZombiAdam

Reaction score
Yup! I have heard that some people wait a very long time and I was afraid of that. I just made sure to contact him every week or so asking for an update and some progress photos!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
wow! that looks great!
You're going to love it, I can't get over how well my Hesperian plays.
I really wish I could've snagged snagged another one when the getting was good.:wallbash:

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
thread makes me smile for you but a frown for me given we havent seen anything from everyone elses orders

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Hey, Bern-dog is a man of good work. I said it before and I'll say it again - its much better that he does things right, instead of rushing things.

kruneh

Reaction score
Hey, Bern-dog is a man of good work. I said it before and I'll say it again - its much better that he does things right, instead of rushing things.

We all agree that it´s for the better he keep up with his level of craftmanship, but it´s a matter of not let older orders wait while working on newer ones.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Yup! I have heard that some people wait a very long time and I was afraid of that. I just made sure to contact him every week or so asking for an update and some progress photos!

It's my understanding that luthiers generally hate when customers do that, but grats on the new guitar! Why is the zombie hand inlay on the 13th fret?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Zombiadam, are you an endorser? I got the impression from your email that you are not. I ask because my order has been in for over a year. I got close, because a couple of weeks ago Bernie called and said it was about to go to paint and he noticed that there was an order error so the neck was the wrong material, so he's building a new one. Hopefully he can expedite mine like he did yours. Sweet spalt, btw.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I ask because my order has been in for over a year. I got close, because a couple of weeks ago Bernie called and said it was about to go to paint and he noticed that there was an order error so the neck was the wrong material, so he's building a new one.
Know the feeling :agreed:

ZombiAdam

Reaction score
I'm sure he is getting swamped with orders but maintaining a level of craftmanship is no easy task. I just hope now it won't take 8 months to finish now since he started it so fast.

Last edited:

ZombiAdam

Reaction score
Bernie hit me up via e-mail last week giving me on of the best news of the year! "Your guitar is ready to be shipped! Two days after that e-mail I receive another one saying there was san "Issue" with the new and it would have to be re-built from scratch.... I can not find words for my disappointment... I'm not sure how long it will take to have my custom Bernie in my hands now.... :wallbash:

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
Did Bernie give you any further info regarding the "issue"?

That sucks big time.

metalman_ltd

Reaction score
Holy shit I want one so bad. Can't wait to see it finished.

EDIT: didn't read everything that really sucks man. My above message still applies but I hope for your sake it doesn't take to long.

Latest posts