Custom Effects Setup

• Thread starter hd05
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hd05

Reaction score
Hi.. im new here..
My guitar play and I are trying to see if there is some type of hardware or software or both that can control his guitar effects processor and vocal processor.. they both have MIDI outputs...

We want to be able to setup the software to have a click go into my headphones and then have the midi (or whatever we need) change his effects for him without him having to stomp on everything..

is this even possible...

all help is appreciated..

Allen

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. he needs to get a MIDI controller and plug everything in. Then find out the MIDI codes for his devices and set them up properly. Everything should be in the manuals for each device. It's alot easier than I made it sound :lol:

Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
To have effects patches change automatically via MIDI, he's going to have to program the songs measure-by-measure into a sequencer so they change on the right bar. And you guys are going to have to play to that click and not slip up.

Also, you said your effects units have MIDI out, but do they have MIDI in? You're going to need MIDI in to take the signal from a sequencer and/or pedalboard.

hd05

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the help.. im pretty sure they have Midi IN as well..

What kind of software will I need for the Midi controller????
Do you recommend any MIDI controller hardware????
I'm still new at this stuff...

Playing to the click is fine since we have been doing that for all of our shows the past 2 years...

Thank you all again...

Allen