Custom fanned-fret 7-string project (Parker Fly shape)

• Thread starter bluevoodoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've got very much excited these days as with my luthier buddy we started to get things together for my custom fanned-fret 7-stringer. Specs are going to be:

Body: swamp ash (one piece)
Neck: maple with stripes of wenge
Fingerboard: birdseye maple
Top: not yet decided, either purpleheart, claro walnut or AAAA quilt maple are the choices
Scale length: 25,5-27,5" multiscale w/ perpendicular fret at 7th or 8th fret
Pickups: still have to get through the options, Johan @ Lundgren told me that he might build a custom angled M7 for me, but it depends on the angle as well, so we have to figure out if it's gonna be suitable or not...dream combination would be Lundgren M7 at the bridge and Aftermath at the neck position w/ coil tap and parallel wiring options
Bridge & hardware: ABM 3210 monorails, Schaller M6 Mini tuners, bone nut, Dimarzio vol pot, all black hardware

Body shape is gonna be based on the classic Parker Fly design and the concept is that we won't use any high gloss finish, only oiled surfaces and the body is not going to be a carbon copy, but we'll use the shape as a starting point. The project's planned to be well documented here, most

Here's the swamp ash body blank:

SWE%2022a.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
I have a feeling that this is going to turn out to be one of the most epic builds is sso history, can't wait to see how it turns out :yesway:

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
really excited to see how this turns out, I've always liked Parkers... but a seven string Parker? :metal:

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
I'm also very excited about it, the guy who's building it for me has made a 7-string fanned-fret Blackmachine copy and it's awesome. He's not the officially educated luthier type of guy but has a real talent and his instruments play like butter with a killer sound. Here's a pic of the B7 copy he built:

374220_269432626437157_100001112646827_691989_1068866455_n.jpg

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Lmii has some very very pretty birdseye maple fingerboards... however the shipping would probably cost you a lot more than the wood itself.

Barney

Reaction score
Dan, I might have to rob you once this is finished. XD

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Some of the wood and hardware already arrived:

pic001l.jpg

pic002j.jpg

Schaller M6 Mini w/ ebonol button:
pic003j.jpg

ABM 3210 single bridge: