Custom fanned-fret 7-string project (Parker Fly shape)

• Thread starter bluevoodoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

downburst82

Reaction score
beautiful guitar!.....but...the neck pocket on the front of the guitar..is it just me or does that look really rough? could be lighting/angle making it look worse than it is..bult any comment on that area or closeup pix?

Overall EPIC guitar!

Question's right, you can see that gap between the neck and the body because the routing hasn't been done yet for the neck pickup, so where that gap lies will be the pocket for the neck pup.

oh of course!!, duh:wallbash:

So ya just awesome then :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Bad lighting, not so good pic, BUT:

1276927_541772642542438_1993172680_o.jpg

Sheer epicness, I can say :)

Kroaton

Reaction score
That turned out awesome.

A thin wooden pickup ring around the pickup would look great, to really blend all of it together and make it look uniform.

jahosy

Reaction score
Was never a fan of parkers but this looks awesome mate! :bowdown:

Any neck pickup? If not, will the gap at the neck joint be filled?

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Was never a fan of parkers but this looks awesome mate! :bowdown:

Any neck pickup? If not, will the gap at the neck joint be filled?

Neck pickup is still to be purchased, it's going to be an Aluma X-Bar 3.5" and will be installed within a couple of months hopefully. Gap won't be filled as it's gonna be routed for the neck pickup. By the way, I tried the axe yesterday plugged in a Laney Ironheart amp and the tone is un-friggin'-believable. Very articulate, well-defined tone with all the notes audible even when playing more complex chord shapes with distortion added.