Custom neck Crafters (7 string)

• Thread starter Dan Halen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
So I know a couple of them, but is there anyone here who's had extensive experience with one in particular?

I need a bolt on AANJ style seven string neck for an RG7321 body I shaped and I was thinking about doing it though Soulmate guitars or Ed Roman but I just wanted some other options or opinions before I hit the Pay now button. (I hear the latter is a bit of a knob)

I only have 2 things that are imporatant.
1.I'm going to do the headstock
2.I'm going to do the fret work.

I just really need the heel and the back shaped.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought Ed Roman was dead ?

Reaction score
Soulmate.,., I had a neck made by Doug and I know of several others that have too.,.nothing but good things to say,.,Not same neck specs but great guy to deal with and top notch quality.

edit, for not reading entire post...Not sure where he would be on the not fretting the neck. Still worth asking him though.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Yah I already talked to Doug a bit and i got quite a few answers out of him. was just wondering if anyone had any other experiences different Luthiers?

Dan Halen

Reaction score
I would stay away from Ed Roman, too.

Because, yeah, he's dead.

:hbang::lol:

But How about ET guitars. I know he makes awesome stuff but hes ULTRA hard to get a hold of. I put in a neck quote like 2 years ago and he never got back to me. idk if there's some kind of secret word/phrase I have to add to my quote just to get him to look at it or what. but him and soulmate are my tops unless someone can tell me otherwise.

AwDeOh

Reaction score
I'd like to congratulate everybody here on their achievement in making this the (un)Official Funniest Thread Of The Week. :D

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Djohns74 builds really nice necks. Definitely worth a PM.

Search his threads and stuff. He's built two necks for me and they are both excellent!

And I don't think he's dead. .

:)

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Djohns74 builds really nice necks. Definitely worth a PM.

Search his threads and stuff. He's built two necks for me and they are both excellent!

And I don't think he's dead. .

:)

Not from the neck up obviously.

lookslikemeband

Reaction score
Soulmate.,., I had a neck made by Doug and I know of several others that have too.,.nothing but good things to say,.,Not same neck specs but great guy to deal with and top notch quality.

edit, for not reading entire post...Not sure where he would be on the not fretting the neck. Still worth asking him though.

I've used 6 Soulmate necks over the past few years... Never once have I been let down.

Doug is as good as it gets.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
right i know that. but no one said anything about them when I mentioned them a few posts back. either way I was probably going to go with doug because like I said. I was already in contact with Doug and because of my past efforts to contact ET and their lack for response every time (via email and phone call). Not recently but last year and the previous year.

ET would give me something that fit perfectly though. it's just that getting ahold of them is SUCH a bother. A lot of forum members will say they shell out really quality stuff but contact is scarce.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
right i know that. but no one said anything about them when I mentioned them a few posts back. either way I was probably going to go with doug because like I said. I was already in contact with Doug and because of my past efforts to contact ET and their lack for response every time (via email and phone call). Not recently but last year and the previous year.

ET would give me something that fit perfectly though. it's just that getting ahold of them is SUCH a bother. A lot of forum members will say they shell out really quality stuff but contact is scarce.

Did you try his Facebook page ? He always answers on there.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
you've actually got a hold of Doug lately?? I sent him an email on uh I believe it was the 10th? and nothing back.. I assumed it was because his site says hes on vacation, but maybe what Im asking for is too much =[ (basically to replace a neck on a guitar, similarish neck profile and headstock shape.. but I'll send the whole guitar over) - wonder who else would do this for me, preferably in Canada/USA

Latest posts