Daath is pretty gud

• Thread starter gunch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I know this board loves Emil Werstler and Eyal has Riffhard going with John Browne so I figured I owed them a listen through the ol' discog

The first album is kind of eh, weird nu metal but The Hinderers was a massive step up. As a whole the band has a very satisfying tone (well duh seeing as Eyal is a studio dude now) and good riffage so I'm kind of silly for not checking them out sooner.

I still need to check out Emil's solo album and the instrumental album he made with Eyal, Avalanche of Worms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I really like this album, the concealers.

I also really liked the album emil did with chimaira, crown of phantoms has tons of good riffs

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I recall seeing them posting some studio pictures quite recently which led me to believe there's a new album coming soon. Haven't listened to them much but love what I've heard.

UPDATE:

From their facebook-page, 9th of June:

In September, Sean Z and Eyal Levi will be flying to Sweden to attend the mix/master for the new DAATH material with the legendary @jensbogren over at @fascinationstreetstudios . According to Eyal, “Jens is the perfect choice to mix the new material because of how great he is at working with very layered and Intricately arranged metal songs. His mixes deliver all the detail and all the heaviness while still sounding organic and modern at the same time. Usually with metal mixers you can pick two of those things: Modern and detailed, modern and heavy, or organic and heavy, but you can almost never pick all four."

Latest posts