Daemoness Cimmerian 7 String Build!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
IIRC Rob from KxK actually uses carbon rods in his necks for reinforcement and super awesomeness.

i think a few companies do that, but vigier's system is different. there is absolutely no truss rod in the neck. The neck is set perfectly with the slightest concave bow, and it stays like that forever. Simply perfect!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i think a few companies do that, but vigier's system is different. there is absolutely no truss rod in the neck. The neck is set perfectly with the slightest concave bow, and it stays like that forever. Simply perfect!

The Vigier neck system impressive -

6k9e8.jpg

That carbon fiber strip is a hell of a lot bigger than these

A lot of builders do. IIRC Carvin does as well.

Carvin stopped doing that a few years ago. The folks who talk about guitar "mojo" didn't like the idea.

Djdnxgdj3983jrjd8udb3bcns

Reaction score
Not satisfied with just the one Daemoness huh? :L That pink number with the birdseye maple neck was hawt. The inlay work on it was sweet also.

I saw that for the first time at Soni UK and was thoroughly impressed. Shame that green Setius shat out on you though :L What was the matter with that in the end?

Skyblue

Reaction score
Not satisfied with just the one Daemoness huh? :L That pink number with the birdseye maple neck was hawt. The inlay work on it was sweet also.

I saw that for the first time at Soni UK and was thoroughly impressed. Shame that green Setius shat out on you though :L What was the matter with that in the end?
I think you're confusing Bulb here with Nolly, who owns the pink (extremely hot) Daemoness :lol:

Anyway, can't wait to see more! Dylan's work is absolutely amazing.
Have you decided on an inlay yet? You can't order a Daemoness and have a blank fretboard, I think it violates some universe rules or something :lol:

Reaction score
I am mostly interested in the Finish on this project. Dylan is definetly one of the best Luthiers around, and his Pink Finish on Nolly's guitar was awesome.

Djdnxgdj3983jrjd8udb3bcns

Reaction score
I may have done just that :L "Pink 6" was listed on the setlist I got my grubby mitts on, hence that assumption.

In fairness, my mind was being blown by Periphery's live show, so keeping an eye on gear got awful difficult *champion ass kisser kisses ass* :L
Seriously though, watching Periphery set up on stage was a showcase of things I want, all being just slightly out of reach.

And on the subject of Daemoness guitars, I'm going to agree with pretty much everyone ever and say that I have spent almost too long drooling over pictures of Dylan's inlay work. That man is genuinely gifted, and deserves some serious recognition for his work.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i had forgotten that you had ordered one of these, but it was only a matter of time :lol:

this is gunna be good! :)

bulb

Reaction score
Here are some updates!!

So its coming together!
The top is on and is looking amazing! Also i wanted white binding around the fretboard as well as luminlay dots, so Dylan suggested putting black blocks on the binding so the dots would stick out, and i have to say it came out awesome. We are also toying with the idea with putting them on the topside of the blocks cuz it could look cool!
IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
That looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it done.. I've got something similar in order. I love the inlay idea, it looks great!

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Dayum! That's looking insanely awesome.

I don't think it'll be done in time for the Frak the Gods tour then eh? I'd love to see that beast on stage.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I wonder how Dylan joins those blocks of black binding with the white binding; they look so seamless.

bulb

Reaction score
I wonder how Dylan joins those blocks of black binding with the white binding; they look so seamless.

Compared to how intricate his inlay work is, im willing to bet that was a piece of cake for him haha

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Am i seriously the first person to ask what finish was going on this?

Daemoness has been on the cards for me for ages, just can't face a year long wait yet!