Dave Weiner signature Petition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
Petition = Signed :yesway:

I'd kill for a Dave Weiner sig.

RG7 body
Maple Fretboard
Reverse Headstock
DiMarzio's
Lo-Pro 7

:metal:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
with it being a dave weiner sig, it´d either have a fixed bridge or a ZR trem... and it´d probably be made of either Mahogany, Swamp ash or Alder...

the color scheme would probably be sweet too :)

heffergm

Reaction score
I'll only sign if everyone stipulates that the model has to be known as the "Weiner Weener".

Sorry, I can't help myself...

Unfortunately, I doubt this will fly at Ibanez. I like Dave, and I like his playing, but he hasn't really got the notoriety as a solo artist that's going to sell guitars. It would be cool if they did a production run of LA Customs or something along those lines though, to make his stuff available to a broader audience.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
hes got more notoriety than alot of bands, and they can just tack on he plays with vai.
i hope its like his ash one.
and i wish it came with a lo pro
LOL i make for sig 29!
yeah
29 sigs of metal!

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
signing a petition and boning up $1000+ for a guitar are completely different. sure, it will show Ibanez that we all like Dave's guitar, but i'm pretty sure they knew that already.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
if it came loaded mij id do it. especially if it was ash had a lo pro lol (doubtful)
and if it came with good pickups, id be all up on that, new

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
signing a petition and boning up $1000+ for a guitar are completely different. sure, it will show Ibanez that we all like Dave's guitar, but i'm pretty sure they knew that already.

+1.

I have much respect for Dave, but if you really want a DW sig, then speak with your $. Buy so many copies of his album that the duplication house can barely keep up. Make sure his concerts sell out.

Dave's a great player, and has worked really hard to get where he's at. From what I've read on his site, he knows the economics of it as well or better than anyone. He isn't big enough to support a sig model. Want one? Make him bigger and guitars will follow.

twooos

Reaction score
I created this petition, WAHEY!

Im aiming to get about 1000 sigs before i send it to Ibanez.

My dads going there on a business trip, i might just give it to him so he can personally give it to the Ibanez reps, its more classy lol.

Paul_R

Reaction score
any pics of the guitar?

Why yes there are pics. Here they are:

2049381848_bf5f51a1bb_o.jpg
2048603585_0552f3b0dd_o.jpg

hide

Psyche scarring
Reaction score
Dave Weiner introduced me to the 7, I wouldn't have it without him.

:hug: Me too, I was already listening to petrucci, vai etc, but who really got me into 7s was Weiner. 2 Days after I listened to STSA I had my first 7!

+1 sig. but a color chart would be great. Please, not the rainbow one!:fawk:
Maple fretboard FTW

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Even if Dave were big enough, the other problem you'd have is that no 2 of those are the same. Even the closest 2, the '02 and the '03, have different body wood and different pickups (yeah, and different trems, but that is a non-issue).

That is not a criticism of Dave. I think it's great that he has so much variety. It's a criticism toward a production model. Ibanez isn't going to release 6 of them, and you can bet his production model would not have a floating trem. Seems to me I read an interview with him where he says he only has the trems any more because of his work with Vai. I could be wrong though, and please correct me if I am.

That leaves only 2. The rainbow and the blue strat. Again, 2 very different guitars. Let Dave come in to his own as a player. Let him have time to find the right combo of features for him. Support him with CD and concert tix purchases.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I doubt this will fly at Ibanez. I like Dave, and I like his playing, but he hasn't really got the notoriety as a solo artist that's going to sell guitars. It would be cool if they did a production run of LA Customs or something along those lines though, to make his stuff available to a broader audience.

:agreed: I personally don't think this will ever happen.

I love Dave Weiner's custom guitars, but there are a lot of more famous seven-string guitarists that do not have signature guitars and I don't see him getting a signature based solely on the fact that he plays with Vai.

(And no, his solo work is not famous enough to get him a signature).

I'd love to see one and I'd love to own one, but I think it's unrealistic. And I personally would not pay more than $1000 for one.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed with Eric. Stranger things have happened, but I just can't imagine a signature DW 7 string at this point. Now a maple fb 7, even if it's a reissue of the old UVGY, I'm all for that!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember Dino Cazares being asked about a signature model and saying that you need to sell a shitload of albums for that. I'm pretty sure Dino has sold more albums already that Dave will do in is whole career, so I don't think this will EVER happen :(