DC800 Picture thread!!

• Thread starter mustache79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HexaneLake

Reaction score
My main beech

13199309684_9a52c3b9b0_o.jpg

13199028845_609f6829e7_o.jpg

13199032535_bbbdbd8e23_o.jpg

13198991565_f927f8ae9e_o.jpg

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
Need help here, what do you think about a maple neck, alder wings, ebony fb?
i saw this video and i like his tone :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZgeDN3dN7c

his specs are: White/White Alder body (wings) 5 piece maple neck w/2 walnut stripes Ebony fretboard (20") Tung oil finish back of neck White MOP diamond inlays A80 pickups Stainless jumbo frets Black hardware Dunlop straplocks Engraved truss rod cover

opinions please!

Avogadr0

Reaction score

his specs are: White/White Alder body (wings) 5 piece maple neck w/2 walnut stripes Ebony fretboard (20") Tung oil finish back of neck White MOP diamond inlays A80 pickups Stainless jumbo frets Black hardware Dunlop straplocks Engraved truss rod cover

opinions please!

I don't think it's possible to build a bad sounding Carvin. I personally think the pickups are the biggest factor in your tone, but I have an alder body, maple neck and flamed maple fingerboard (as seen above) and I get beautiful tones out of mine. Especially up high with cleans. Maple is said to be similar to ebony in terms of tone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mr_ormus777

Grey Alien
Reaction score
Sydney, Australia, formerly Zeta Reticuli
Congrats guys, some beautiful 800s here, I'm so stoked with my ones, I've never been as inspired to play as I have after getting my first one in Feb 2012, best purchase I ever made (besides the other two I bought). I'm just stinging for Carvin to release the passive 8 string pickups...

teamSKDM

Reaction score
GOD the gas is so strong... ive been wanting to.trade my sl2h for one, but both the ones on.the for sale are for sale only and that gets me so butthurt. Im just drooling, went from start to finish. Any update on when the passive pickup will be available?

Toejam

Reaction score
Matte satin blue mist metallic front/pearl blue metallic back and sides. Seymour Duncan Nazgul with push/pull coil split. Alder body/maple neck with mahogany top.

20140712_132148_zps9d19005b.jpg
[/URL]
20140712_132448_zps6d80df16.jpg
[/URL]
20140712_132159_zps17a6832a.jpg
[/URL]

kengtin

Reaction score

opinions please!

Hi @Erick, that's my video and axe, glad you liked it! However, I eventually got myself another DC800 with swamp ash wings, maple top and birdseye maple fretboard. The tone is radically different and I much prefer this last one, it sounds brigter, more open. I think the biggest factor is the swamp ash wings so I'd suggest that instead of alder.

I recently recorded this vid with said guitar (I ended up keeping all the rhythms tracks from it), check it out, compare and jugde by yourself.

Cheers and good luck

kengtin

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Allow me to share this review of the great Carvin DC800 8-string guitar. I tried to cover as much ground as possible while keeping it fast and concise. Hopefully with enough close ups and visual details.

I added a rhythm and lead samples/demo section towards the end (you can check the video description to jump directly to any section).

Hope you find it useful, thanks for watching.