Deadpool movie! :D

• Thread starter tacotiklah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Just saw the trailer and I'm way stoked for this coming out. I don't get to the movies very often, but this would get me to spend $10 and put my butt in front of the silver screen.

Censored version of trailer:

Link to red band (uncensored) version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

I didn't embed the red band version because of some NSFW content. So who plans on seeing this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
I will most likely end up in the theater as well. But my first thought viewing the trailer was... ¨how did the Green Lantern become Deadpool?¨

The trailer looks great. But the choice of casting him is odd. Not because of his acting (that´s another discussion) but because in the recent imaginary he IS another superhero all together.

But Deadpool is a great character, so I am looking forward to them making a good film out of it.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
I will most likely end up in the theater as well. But my first thought viewing the trailer was... ¨how did the Green Lantern become Deadpool?¨

The trailer looks great. But the choice of casting him is odd. Not because of his acting (that´s another discussion) but because in the recent imaginary he IS another superhero all together.

But Deadpool is a great character, so I am looking forward to them making a good film out of it.

i think it was because he is the main producer of the project and pushed for the studio to greenlight after the test footage was leaked

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score

And Torch from the previous Fantastic Four movie is now Captain America :lol:

Green Latern belongs to the DC universe, and the movie was mediocre at the very best, therefore there's no real connection between the character and the actor.

Most importantly, from what I gather, Reynolds loves the Deadpool character, that's why he first appeared in the Wolverine movie (lame half-CGI appearance). Now that the character's popularity is at an all-time high, he was quite possibly the best choice from a casting standpoint, since he's so devoted to the character.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I'm so glad Marvel is making a proper movie. People bleed and sh!t when they get messed up. I'd like to see more non-pussified super hero films, like someone's head bursting like a watermelon when superman punches it or the hulk ripping someone in half and guts flying everywhere. PG-13 just doesnt cut it.

neurosis

Reaction score

Green Latern belongs to the DC universe, and the movie was mediocre at the very best, therefore there's no real connection between the character and the actor.

Most importantly, from what I gather, Reynolds loves the Deadpool character, that's why he first appeared in the Wolverine movie (lame half-CGI appearance). Now that the character's popularity is at an all-time high, he was quite possibly the best choice from a casting standpoint, since he's so devoted to the character.

GL was a horrible movie. I started it and could´t go on with it. I think it is still not as bad as the Spirit, for which I actually left the theater and asked for a refund... but damn. So for me it is connected to Ryan Reynolds like a stain.

That does´t mean I am unsympathetic and I like Deadpool so I will most likely watch it. My first thought, however was... weird.

We have an idea of how the comic universes are distributed and how they are split. But I know some of my friends and by extension a lot more people will ask why this guy is no longer GL. Or worse... what is the story of how GL became Deadpool? They are the same actor so it´s the same dude becoming different superheores, right?

I think for a general audience it could get weird.

That said. I hope this is a good rendition of Deadpool. If it does good it could open the door to finally seeing a proper Punisher some day. Hopefully.

celticelk

Reaction score
he was quite possibly the best choice from a casting standpoint, since he's so devoted to the character.

Have you seen the unrated cut of Blade: Trinity? It's basically Reynolds' audition for the part of Deadpool: profane humor and ultraviolence.

I've never been a Deadpool fan, but I can't wait to see this. Cue the music!

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Ryan Reynolds is actually quite good actor when he's cast in a right movie. There was this movie about a guy who was buried alive (can't for the life of me remember what was the name!) and Ryan was good in that! After seeing the trailer I'm really looking forward to this movie.

and right after posting it hit me: Buried.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
looking forward to this quite a bit. trailer gives me hope!

Dcm81

Reaction score

This!

I'm so glad Marvel is making a proper movie. People bleed and sh!t when they get messed up. I'd like to see more non-pussified super hero films, like someone's head bursting like a watermelon when superman punches it or the hulk ripping someone in half and guts flying everywhere. PG-13 just doesnt cut it.

Yes and no. I agree completely that the movies should be bloody and not PG-13 when appropriate but Superman is like the child friendliest boy-scout superhero out there. All the comics could be seen as a max of PG-13 so exploding heads just wouldn't fit. Hulk is usually just as non-bloody as Superman tbh except for very few exceptions so same goes for him imho.

Have you seen the unrated cut of Blade: Trinity? It's basically Reynolds' audition for the part of Deadpool: profane humor and ultraviolence.

So much this!! :hbang:

Edika

Reaction score
I think Reynolds fits the bill perfectly. I don't know the guy in person but most of the roles he played and his acting style has this kind of arrogant, douchy, dickiss quality to it that fits the Deadpool character like a glove.

EDIT: I'll actually go to the theater to watch this movie!

btbg

Reaction score
Reynolds was Wade Wilson/"Deadpool" in Wolverine Origins before he was ever Green Lantern. He was always tied to the role.

He played the part of Wade Wilson to a tee. It's just too bad they royally frigged up what he ultimately became.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score

I've read that everyone (or at least him) hated Wesley Snipes on set, and so he channeled all of that pent up snark into the role.

After watching the teaser a couple times last year, I think Reynolds will be perfect. He totally nails the tone.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Reynolds was Wade Wilson/"Deadpool" in Wolverine Origins before he was ever Green Lantern. He was always tied to the role.

He played the part of Wade Wilson to a tee. It's just too bad they royally frigged up what he ultimately became.

This. Which is why in the teaser trailer for the trailer, it says "From the studios that inexplicably sewed his f*****g mouth shut... "

Ryan Reynolds is PERFECT for Deadpool. We know RR is a one-trick pony that really can only act as himself (like Will Smith for example), but in this instance, it's not a bad thing and IMO will work perfectly.

But I know some of my friends and by extension a lot more people will ask why this guy is no longer GL. Or worse... what is the story of how GL became Deadpool?

No offense intended...but if your friends cannot distinguish between an actor and their roles, then maybe you need to either educate your friends or maybe get smarter ones. If any of my friends actually thought Human Torch somehow became Captain America, that'd damn near be an instant unfriending lol....definitely would be a revocation of any existing nerd cred they'd have.

btbg

Reaction score
We have an idea of how the comic universes are distributed and how they are split. But I know some of my friends and by extension a lot more people will ask why this guy is no longer GL. Or worse... what is the story of how GL became Deadpool? They are the same actor so it´s the same dude becoming different superheores, right?

I think for a general audience it could get weird.

Wtf? No. That's just dumb.

Michael Keaton was Batman so really the snowman he played in Jack Frost must have been Bruce Wayne too.

Once again, even if that was the case the story would be "How Wade Wilson overcame adversity and travelled to the DC Universe to become Hal Jordan and magically returned to Marvel to reprise his role as Deadpool."

Really neurosis, sounds like you AND your friends need some educating.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
I hope this will be such an awesome movie that Hollywood decides to finally stop spamming superhero films

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch the stab at GL in the trailer? "Just don't make the supersuit green... or animated!" (seeing as GLs suit was CGI)

Latest posts