Dean Z Korean Limited Edition (anyone familiar?)

• Thread starter ZXIIIT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Anyone in here into Dean Guitars? Been looking at getting an Explorer style guitar, and have always liked Dean, stumbled upon this '79 Z that has a lot of the specs I'm looking for.

I can't seem to find any info on this particular model though, aside from it being a Limited Edition Made In Korea, before Dean switched factories.

DANZ79.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Have to tried that particular guitar, but used to own a Dean v79 and deal soltero

Solid guitars. The 79 was super light weight.
The soltero was very solid built thing. Just had a weird neck (soltero) which was a hard V shaped neck.

The 79 had a comfy wide neck.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Have to tried that particular guitar, but used to own a Dean v79 and deal soltero

Solid guitars. The 79 was super light weight.
The soltero was very solid built thing. Just had a weird neck (soltero) which was a hard V shaped neck.

The 79 had a comfy wide neck.

Never seen this Z model or real pictures of it, might be a prototype?

I've owned a few Deans, they're either really good (Black & Gold V, Cadillac) or just terrible.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

soliloquy

Reaction score
Never seen this Z model or real pictures of it, might be a prototype?

I've owned a few Deans, they're either really good (Black & Gold V, Cadillac) or just terrible.

Thanks for the info!

when I used to be a BIG dean fan, I used to go on their forums often. I'm sure someone there may have more detailed info.
I do know that the Dean brand does support its community by having limited runs randomly. Usually no more than 50 at a time. Can be a new color, a new feature, or pickups, or headstock, etc.

this could be one of those.

check the dean forum, perhaps?

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
when I used to be a BIG dean fan, I used to go on their forums often. I'm sure someone there may have more detailed info.
I do know that the Dean brand does support its community by having limited runs randomly. Usually no more than 50 at a time. Can be a new color, a new feature, or pickups, or headstock, etc.

this could be one of those.

check the dean forum, perhaps?

I checked the Daan forum (without registering) and the last posts were from 2019.

Appreciate the replies, if this was a small run, it's probably going to be extra pricey, going to look for something else, thanks!