Death Core post production to EP? Tell me what you think

Car Bomb

GO BOOM
Reaction score
Hi, so my band and I recorded our very first round of shitty demos a while back. We did it for the purpose of writing structures and vocals and making sure the songs made sense. Over the corse of time my drummer polished one up. Prior to hearing the newer versions of that song we wanted to fly out and record with a professional but now were thinking about rerecording and mixing it ourselves. Bev the drummer has mastered it but he doesn't have a good room or set up for that so we will likely send it out to be mastered.

We want to know if what we have is legible in terms of quality and engineering as the good copy will probably sound very close to it.

Band Camp
Windy City Slaughter
Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/TheBrowningO...01&_rdr#!/WindyCitySlaughter?__user=552328365

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Car Bomb

GO BOOM
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply man I was starting to wonder lol ya we recorded the vox with a crappy mike in an open room with the music playing on speakers at times so we had to try real hard to make them pop but I gues we may have went to far

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd turn down the vocals and if they feel too tiny add a little more delay/verb if you don't already have it on another bus. It sounds good though!

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
Ye old snare sound a little pick-pock to me, try to give it some more low-midrange business.

Peculate

Reaction score
Great job for pre-production!

The mix is a bit bass heavy; it's muddy in the low end. Do you have the guitar lowcut at all? It sounds like you need to cut a lot (though not everything) below 100 Hz. The kick doesn't sound lowcut either. It's a great kick sound, but the bass frequencies in the kick, bass, and guitar are all fighting right now. Be a little aggressive with the lows, and your mix will sound even better!

Peculate

Reaction score
I also echo the remarks above—especially that the vocals are too forward in the mix.

Nice song though! Looking forward to hearing more in the future.

Car Bomb

GO BOOM
Reaction score
Thanx guys all the input gotten has been duly noted and will be used while making our first five song EP. I would like to put it out there that I am the only guitarist in this band and while we don't need a second, we would love to find the perfect second axe man. We are from
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. We have a big list of requirements and big ambitions.