Death - The Legend Lives on EU Tour

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Just saw this. Small enough tour but they are hitting a lot of countries. I would have loved to have seen Death live so I'm definitely going to this.

RTN-DEATH-DTA-European-Tour-2013-600.jpg

In 1998, The Sound Of Perseverance, the very last studio album of progressive death metal icons DEATH from Florida, saw the light of day. In 2001 their charismatic band leader, guitar god and sound pioneer Chuck Schuldiner tragically passed away. Many years later, the towering monolith of Chuck`s and DEATH`s testimony hasn`t even faintly started to crumble, cult albums such as Leprosy (1988) or Symbolic (1995) remain untouchable.

Whilst older generations have their (live) memories to treasure, there`s a big bunch of younger death metal freaks who could get in touch with DEATH only via DVD or YouTube – it`s about time to change this! Earlier this year, the “DTA” tribute tour excited thousands of American fans, and in November 2013 this awesome trek will finally make it to Europe…

The DEATH line-up consists of Human legends Sean Reinert (drums), Paul Masvidal (guitars) and Steve DiGiorgio (bass). Max Phelps, some of you will have seen him performing live with CYNIC, will step in Chuck`s footsteps – and this amazing tribute line-up will perform songs from every DEATH era!

Supporting them will be German tech death crew OBSCURA who have been massively influenced by DEATH themselves and are currently working on the follow-up to 2011`s Omnivium. Swiss act DARKRISE will also be part of the tour, the brutal death metal groove monsters recently thrilled with Realeyes.

Get your tickets at hardticket.eu.

DEATH European Tour 2013

DEATH
OBSCURA
DARKRISE

Nov 11 DE – Hamburg, Grünspan
Nov 12 DK – Aarhus, Voxhall
Nov 13 DE – Berlin, BiNuu
Nov 14 PL – Warsaw, Progresja
Nov 15 PL – Cracov, Kwadrat
Nov 16 AT – Vienna, Szene
Nov 17 CZ – Prague, Nova Chmelnice
Nov 19 IT – Romagnano Sesia, RnR Arena
Nov 20 FR – Colmar, Grillen
Nov 21 DE – Jena, F-Haus
Nov 22 DE – München, Backstage
Nov 23 CH – Zürich, Dynamo
Nov 24 NL – Eindhoven, Distortion Festival
Nov 25 FR – Paris, Trabendo
Nov 26 UK – London, Forum
Nov 27 IR – Dublin, The Academy
Nov 28 UK – Manchester, Sound Control
Nov 29 DE – Essen, Turock
Nov 30 BE – Louvain-la-Neuve, Mass Deathtruction Festival

:holy:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
When I saw the Death to All tour here, they didn't play anything past Human.

That being said, you should be buying tickets and going to that show. Now.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
About damn fvcking time! I'll be there and way more excited and screaming louder than a 13-year-old girl in a Bieber concert!

:shred:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
When they last played, they were touring as the Human line up and playing songs they would have in that era, I don't think Paul would be the type too lazy to learn some songs. Unless you have a link, telling me otherwise. Sean Reinert said on Facebook the other day that they were learning some of the later stuff as well, anyway.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Mate of mine is hugely into Death AND Obscura and has got a ticket for the London date, I'll probably join him.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
...and Spain is systematically ignored, as per usual :rant:

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Sweet, I don't listen to death but if there are any Australian dates under 18 I'll go.