Decided on getting Jackson JS32-7 Snow White. Questions

• Thread starter Rocks256
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rocks256

Reaction score
Hey

I have been thinking for some time about getting back to 7 string, althought it was hard to pick one i would like. Been always a schecter fan but felt that Jackson is way better for me. Feels soft and easy to play. Especially thin neck ,which is really comfortable. I have one question about JS22-7 and JS32-7, what are differences? Why JS32-7 is 50% more expensive than JS22-7? What is this? They have about same spec on Jackson site

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misremembering, but isn't the 32-7 equipped with slightly better, direct mount pickups?

I believe it's also fretboard materials that are different.

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
Basically the same:

js 22 7
Fender style Bridge (no walls)
Pickup Rings
No binding on neck

js 32 7
Jackson Bridge (hipshot style with walls)
Direct mount pickups
bound neck and headstock

Personally, I'd go for the 22 because:
*Easier to upgrade pickups (such as covered etc)
-without modification to pickup routes
*Cheaper.

Also Btw. I agree that Jacksons feel better due to the thinner necks. However, that doesn't (really) apply to the lower-end models. I've owned a js22-7 before (liked it a lot and would get another). The neck thickness was pretty thick, didn't really feel like a Jackson.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rocks256

Reaction score
You guys are right. Theres binding on JS32-7, pickups mounted in a better way, rounded bridge. Im going for Js32-7, not into black 7 string and matte finish. Also i have heard that JS32 series are much better in terms of craftmanship. There is also new Js22 with QM top in purple or black

Reaction score
I went with the JS32 as well. It's big value for the price and was not difficult to upgrade.