Depressive nights, made some sad lofi hip-hop

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score

Yeah, had some rough couple nights recently. Been listening to these YouTube-Compilations with sad lofi hip-hop and it just struck a nerve. I'm not producing beats usually, so bear with this little 'song' I just tossed up.

Bit different from the usual post here...sorry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I feel bad admitting this, but I had a lot of fun jamming along with that. Might be fun to write a guitar instrumental in this vein...

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Nice. I'd like to hear more of the bass, but nice. :yesway:

Mean the subbass? The lo-fiication process (TM) kinda' drowns out a couple of lows along with lots of highs, so that might be a reason. Kinda' intended, but I hear you! Thanks for checking it out dude.

I feel bad admitting this, but I had a lot of fun jamming along with that. Might be fun to write a guitar instrumental in this vein...

Haha,why feel bad? I'd love that man, thank you for listening. Love jamming to things like that myself.

ihunda

Reaction score
Nice, can you explain how you produced it and how you got the sounds? Cool

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Haha,why feel bad? I'd love that man, thank you for listening. Love jamming to things like that myself.
Eh, just that it implies something you did was incomplete, without a guitar melody. It prompted a few melodic ideas I kind of liked, though, so who knows, maybe at one point it'll grow into something.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Ah, well I made it to be simplistic and minimalist, so I wasn't going for a totally fleshed out idea. I could do that, but I wanna' keep these minimalistic if I make more.

Would also love to make a totally hi-fi, flush, layered track in a similar style.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
That was fantastic, I dig the hell out of that. I really like your usual style but this is awesome as well, definitely keep at it! Although you did say this style struck a nerve after some rough nights so hope things are looking up for you dude. :yesway:

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Digging the song. I wouldn't mind the background distortion/noise to be a bit lower since it's a little overwhelming but that's just my own preference. Very nice work. Music is always a great outlet for any and all moods. Hope things turn around for you.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
This sounded awesome, but for some reason, the drums being on beat sounds a bit too clean for Lofi.
Yeah I just went with the groove, i'd like to experiment with a couple of weird beats later. Thanks though!

Digging the song. I wouldn't mind the background distortion/noise to be a bit lower since it's a little overwhelming but that's just my own preference. Very nice work. Music is always a great outlet for any and all moods. Hope things turn around for you.

Thanks for listening man, sorry if the background noise was too present, I can see what you mean. And I hope the same dude, I hope.

Really nice, hope your nights do get better though!

Thanks, no progress so far unfortunately.