Design your dream guitar!

• Thread starter Kosthrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Is
Designed and DIY'd :D
View attachment 138259
(yes the nut/strings needs a little better alignment and there's not a straight edge on it :D)

DS Pegasus and Sentient direct mounted, 28.625" designed for sitting playing. The maple top is holographic, behind is an alder body, through neck with purple heart, wenge, walnut, and hard maple laminate, fretboard is Bubinga. Basically I went around the wood warehouses and found bits I liked.
It has a 'dune' like quality (and the panorama was deliberate) but the maple top looks like a mirage in the desert in a sand storm.

Has the usual pegasus need of a little treble bump, the sentient is full bodied. I miss it when I have the hardware off to make improvements, it just is a beast compared to my MIJ '89 strat and accoustic.
Is that a molar and are you a dentist?
Regardless, nice work!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickK-UK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is

Is that a molar and are you a dentist?
Regardless, nice work!

Hehe it does look like that. Gwar dentist tooth guitar :lol:

The design has evolved ergonomically. It is perhaps a little more chunky (and it's certainly not symmetrical - yay!) but sits without a strap on the lap and the larger top wing means it sits against you without guitar strings wanting to tilt up towards you. It also stands up on its end which is freaky (and a party trick) but usually sits lent against the case so the two prongs also mean it doesn't rotate and fall. It is designed for my larger 6'4 lanky frame when sitting or standing. Depth of the guitar has some bonuses - it sits without the headstock resting on the case so the tuning pegs don't get knocked for example.

Sure it doesn't look as polished as some of the production/professional ones here but it's mine and as such will never be completely finished and will evolve.. especially with the danish oil finish making it easy to take a rasp to it and refinish if on a whim or if something annoys me!

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
10 strings with high A
Multiscale 35-28
Semi-hollow with 3 soundholes (Theorbo style)
Stainless steel frets
Inverted Headstock 7+3
Locking tumers and locking nut
32 frets
Pale ebony fretboard with very invasive inlay (LOL)
Fretless fretboard on the bottom 3 strings (F#, C#, B) after 12th fret
Scalloped fretboard on the top 4 strings past 12th fret
Fishman fluence modern (only bridge), volume only (recessed pot)
Videogame style kill switch
Midi pickup for 9 strings (LOL)
"Floating Evertune with piezo saddles" (LOL)
Shape...more extreme version of the ESP FRX body
No binding
Neck through
7 piece neck maple, purpleheart, bubinga
Reinforced with carbon fibers
Double truss rod not at the headstock
Mahogany body with arched burlep maple top
Cobalt blue to violet burst

Hold my beer

Last edited:

kriff

Reaction score
1709995751269.png

27" baritone, would swap the Kiesel stock pickup for a Lundgren or something. Can you justify spending $700 just on the top alone though? That's a whole guitar...

NickK-UK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 140010

27" baritone, would swap the Kiesel stock pickup for a Lundgren or something. Can you justify spending $700 just on the top alone though? That's a whole guitar...
It depends the guitar may be ideal for someone as something special.
IIRC I paid £120 (€154) for the maple cap on mine, there was a £210 ($270) cap but that was the one that spoke to me for my 50th birthday present.