Devin Townsend PXD Vicious Signature - Specs & Price confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ppinkham

Reaction score
In my dealings with Peavey I found out that they had a lot of issues with the paint. It was mentioned to me a few times by Peavey reps. Apparantly I still have a few of the emails from then. Here's what one of them said:

"The problem is the paint color makes the formula very soft. I am making them cure the guitar for 3-4 days to ensure it is completely cured, otherwise the finish can creep."

It was a screwed up deal from the get-go. Devin was roped in with promises of getting the guitar of his dreams, but first they wanted to do this "metal" guitar for him. Dev was cool with that, so they designed the V to Dev's specifications. The white one he played live was one of the first, and then they did the metallic paint one. Originally, Devin had asked for one humbucker, which they did. Then Peavey decided they didn't like that, so they told Devin they were adding another humbucker like their other PXD V's. Devin caved, but only if they did a single coil. That's Canadian passive-aggressive rebellion. lol

Anyway, that started the tension with Peavey. When Devin realized they weren't actually going to make the guitars he wanted, he was over it. Then the problems with production just made him jump ship.

The guitar I own is a fantastic instrument, but mine was made in the USA and under special circumstances. I don't know how good the production models from China are, but from what I hear they are great.

It's too bad they couldn't make the whole thing work. I know there are more than a few people who have pre-ordered this guitar, and had no idea it was discontinued. I know one guy who is having a hell of a time getting his money back.

Devin auctioned off his production model during his Casualties of Cool pledge drive. Now it looks like someone is trying to eBay it:

Devin Townsend'S Personal Guitar Peavey Flying V Signed Authentic | eBay

$7,999 AU is a lot of scratch. That's $6,658.85 in US. It pledged for $5,011 US, which is $6,022.47 AU.

Galeus708

Reaction score
Just come back to ESP, Devin.

Those old ESP Teles he played were so nice. I feel like his current Framuses are a bit too.. fancy for my tastes, whereas these stripped back beasts suit me a lot more.

espdevin001cx9.jpg

Were these ever signature models sold to the public, or just customs made for The Dev himself?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Those old ESP Teles he played were so nice. I feel like his current Framuses are a bit too.. fancy for my tastes, whereas these stripped back beasts suit me a lot more.

espdevin001cx9.jpg

Were these ever signature models sold to the public, or just customs made for The Dev himself?

The Teles were customs. He had like 3 that I know of, maybe more?

Galeus708

Reaction score

ThatBeardGuy

Reaction score
Damn, that quilted maple topped Tele is incredibly nice, I love seeing it pop up every so often, it's a nice reminder of the Infinity era. If any of you who happen to own the Peavey Devy sig want to sell them in the future let me know, that or if you know some way to get a hold of the person who bought that lovely quilted maple tele, that'd be great.

Blitzie

Reaction score

espdevin001cx9.jpg

Ugh I'd kill for one of those.

Haun

Reaction score
Doesn't he own a number of Sadowsky teles? Or am I mistaken?

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Damn, that quilted maple topped Tele is incredibly nice, I love seeing it pop up every so often, it's a nice reminder of the Infinity era. If any of you who happen to own the Peavey Devy sig want to sell them in the future let me know, that or if you know some way to get a hold of the person who bought that lovely quilted maple tele, that'd be great.
Ditto to this.

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
Is anyone selling or know of some one selling a Devin PXD Vicious 7 string?

You'll be lucky if you find one to be honest. They were a very limited run that never sold very well. I think there is just one user on here with one and he's a big fan, so can't see him parting with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.