Dexter

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
No, season 3 was the worst out of all 8 for sure, season 8 following just behind it. I don't really have an order for the rest. I didn't hate season 5 and I liked season 6 though.

I did like some of the concepts introduced in season 8, but it was all over the place, rushed and completely nonsensical by the end. However, season 3 was just straight up retarded. Didn't like the Skinner and hated the protege aspect too. The only time I liked a protege was with Hannah (hated Lumen's character) and Zach which they just decided to stop as quickly as they started.

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
I agree with those who say 1, 2, & 4 are the best seasons. After that, I'd say 5, 3, 6, 7 then 8. Pretty shit ending to the series but I wasn't too disappointed because I wasn't expecting much.

I miss the Dexter character back when he wasn't all emotional. You know, back when he was using Rita as cover. All these emotional outbursts he's had lately disgust me. I guess I should go back to the books. I've only read the first two and I heard very baaad things about the third book. I'm afraid :(

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread from the dead, because I'm finally watching the show. Inge watching, really. I'm starting season 5 now. Suuuuuch a good show, and great writing. Totally reminds me of breaking bad. Anyone who hasn't seen this show, get on it! You can stream all of it on Netflix.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread from the dead, because I'm finally watching the show. Inge watching, really. I'm starting season 5 now. Suuuuuch a good show, and great writing. Totally reminds me of breaking bad. Anyone who hasn't seen this show, get on it! You can stream all of it on Netflix.

You're going to take back the Breaking Bad comparison as the show progresses past season 4. :lol:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Watched it last year, really enjoyed it. There were certainly some seasons better than others but I had no real complaints!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
In a way, I'm glad I didn't watch it as the seasons actually progressed. I muuuuuch prefer going right to the next episode to see how the cliff-hanger ends. Waiting months for things to be resolved sucks.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
most of the seasons were pretty good excluding season 6 and 8. I absolutely hated those two.

wankerness

Reaction score
You're going to take back the Breaking Bad comparison as the show progresses past season 4. :lol:

Seriously. Or as soon as you think hard about season 3, or rewatch it. When I rewatched that, I was blown away by how stupid it was. The acting and characters are SO bad on this show, especially as the seasons progress! Jennifer Carpenter is the only consistency you get, but man, some of the stuff they do with her character...:lol:

I couldn't even finish a couple of the later seasons. I'd watch the first few episodes, be like "wow, this is good again," and then it would get really bad for two episodes in a row and I'd give up till the next year. :p

Season 5 is the last one I liked, and that was purely for Julia Stiles. Treating the end of season 4 as the end of the series is more than sufficient, it's a better end than what we got eventually!

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Dexter was such a great show, but the end (season 8 in general) seemed a little too rushed for me, like "We need to end te serie here, but we're gonna cram all this stuff hoping it fits nicely together".

Season 1, 2 (the greatest ) 4, 5, 7 are my absolute favourites; enjoyed season 6 a lot too, 3 and 8 (especially the finale) could've been better.

"Surprise ............!!!"

It's the best line in all TV history :lol:

extendedsolo

Reaction score
Seriously. Or as soon as you think hard about season 3, or rewatch it. When I rewatched that, I was blown away by how stupid it was. The acting and characters are SO bad on this show, especially as the seasons progress! Jennifer Carpenter is the only consistency you get, but man, some of the stuff they do with her character...:lol:

I couldn't even finish a couple of the later seasons. I'd watch the first few episodes, be like "wow, this is good again," and then it would get really bad for two episodes in a row and I'd give up till the next year. :p

Season 5 is the last one I liked, and that was purely for Julia Stiles. Treating the end of season 4 as the end of the series is more than sufficient, it's a better end than what we got eventually!

My thoughts exactly about this show. It just started treating the viewer like a moron also.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm halfway through season 8 now. It's ok, but suuuuper slow. That being said, "Do not 'dude' me," has to be the greatest line of the series. :lol:

Breaking Bad is still my favorite show of all time, though. It I wouldn't trade places with Walt. I might with Dexter, but never with Walt.

Latest posts