DFH2 test, recorded swim

• Thread starter MrRedRaider
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrRedRaider

Reaction score
Guess I should have posted here in the first place, recording studio doesnt get much attention haha.

Hi guys, havent posted much around here, so, started playing around with DFH2 again. The first time I couldnt get the drums to sound very good at all.. then again the sampler it comes with its pretty terrible. After some experimenting they are sounding decent right now, so i went ahead and tried recording some in flames for practice. There are some quirky things when programming through cubase, like the reverb on the snare for example. Usually i can alter the sound of the drums in the vst window while actually programming, but after so long it seems like the settings "stick" and now i have too much verb on the snare! Plus i couldnt lower the volume on it or the hats. If anyone has some idea on how to do that, or let me remix the drums without reprogramming then please let me know. btw, im still much of an amateur at mixing, but sounds better than anything ive done to date. Oh, and before posting I did read the sticky on compression, helped a ton! What does everyone think?

SWIM

Edit- forgot to mention i used my 7 string in B standard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.