Diablo III

• Thread starter Cadavuh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
The new, revamped shadows set has some very smexy bonuses. 2p bonus gives a +600% weapon damage to melee attacks. 4p gives you all shadow power runs and they last forever. But the real treat (and sheer madness) is that the 6p bonus gives a +40,000% weapon dmg boost to impale. No, that isn't a type. I am oneshotting rift guardians in greater rift levels 47ish in 4 player games.

Even crazier (and flying lower under the radar) is some of the newer items for dh also boost fan of knives. Lord Greenspan's dagger stacks up to 100% dmg per second for a max of 30 seconds. Use the pinpoint accuracy rune and that boosts FoK base damage up to 1800%. So you have up to a max of 4800% weapon damage (area of effect damage at that) with one press of a button.

How to get in on this insanity you ask? Roll a dh, level to 70 to get 2 pieces of the set mailed to you (called haedrigs bag, just right click to open it), kill Zoltan Kulle on Torment 2 for another 2 pieces, and finally, beat a lvl 20 grift solo for the last pieces. You don't even need to farm for them. Even the 2p bonus is a very nice boost.

I keep seeing posts about people already being several hundred paragon levels in already (on reddit). I played for about 4 hours on Friday and barely got to lvl 43 (not paragon). .... be cray.

I'm a paragon 345 right now. Would be higher, but I'm nice and powerleveling up people. So I spend more time in lower torment levels than I probably should. :lol:

Also, just rolled a Legacy of Nightmares based Locust witch doctor build. Got several random ancients thrown on it with hopes to get more useful ones on it later. I'm gonna use this build to farm legendary gems levels and gr keys. I need all the caldesann's despair bonuses I can get for my main DH.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I'm a paragon 345 right now. Would be higher, but I'm nice and powerleveling up people. So I spend more time in lower torment levels than I probably should. :lol:

Also, just rolled a Legacy of Nightmares based Locust witch doctor build. Got several random ancients thrown on it with hopes to get more useful ones on it later. I'm gonna use this build to farm legendary gems levels and gr keys. I need all the caldesann's despair bonuses I can get for my main DH.

In the space of 3 rifts, Jess' Witch Doctor went from being .... all useless, to vastly more powerful then me. Jerk. ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm one of those nice players that powerlevels people up. I'm up to paragon 421 (I'm a minute late, I know. :lol: ) and my impale DH can clear GR 50 solo and help clear 55s with 4 players. I'm hitting 50-100B crits and I know I can go even higher once I start getting ancients of my shadow set and leveling up gems to 50 for the caldesann's bonuses on them. I plan to get a caldesann's on my quiver before the night is out because leveling a gem up to 30 is a cakewalk this season. Do one vault run and you have enough gold to empower rifts and get your gems to 30 for a while.

Also, any other sso peeps that are running a toon this season are welcome to add me ( jessicametal#1144 ) for some powerleveling and laughs. I like to have fun while I play and by joining with chat communities in game this season, my friend's list has quadrupled. Seems people really like having me around to 1-2 shot rift guardians. :lol:

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Everytime I play in groups, my inventory and vendor/cube windows stop popping up after the first rift. So until I get that issue sorted out, I'll be playing solo unfortunately.

gnoll

Reaction score
Is the new Legacy of Nightmares any good? If it is (good meaning on par with the sets) I might really be interested in playing some this patch!

Will probably at least check it out either way tho...

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
LoN is very good with a Carnevil witch doctor build. Having 15+ midgets shooting very powerful darts and stabbing everything that moves can clear out grifts in a hurry.

gnoll

Reaction score
Sounds cool, I guess it should be useable for other classes too then? Would be fun to try some non-set barbarian builds...

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they're usable, but usually not "viable". Meaning you're not gonna be pushing grifts with them. More like, clear TX rifts and farming things like death's breaths/grift keys/etc with them.

But if you're looking for a good LoN build idea for a barbarian, make a LoN frenzy build. I had one on the PTR after they nerfed LoN and still cleared a lvl 55 grift solo with it. I was proud of that build. :D

gnoll

Reaction score
Mhm, yeah! Sounds fun.

I'm thinking items with powerful proc effects should work well with LoN. Maximus, Shard of Hate stuff like that. Frenzy is cool but I always dreamed of a cleave barbarian haha...

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Well I got a pretty good firebird laser wizard going and I'm learning all of the demon hunter sets. I'm doing speed run 55 grifts with the Unhallowed Essence Fire/Ice build. I learned how to play as a lightning Natalya and a friend running unhallowed essence with me running lightning natalya cleared lvl 60 grifts with no real trouble. So I just need to learn how to run a cluster arrow and/or chakram Mauraders and I will more or less be proficient with all the major demon hunter sets.

Feel my wrath, indeed! :flex:

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Welp, my computer has been upgraded to all new hardware/software over the last few days. Now I'll be able to do group runs at max fps and be able to see my UI after I get back into town! :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I'm on fire tonight. Mastered all of the demon hunter set dungeons. I can hold my own with any of the dh sets now. Moving on to wizard next. :)

Edit: Because I can't stay away from the demon hunter class for too long, I have now beaten grift level 55 with the Shadow, Natalya, and Unhallowed Essence sets. I'm about to gear up Maruaders and sink a 55 with that too. One goal I have is that I can do at least a grift 65 with each of them before the season ends. :D

Edit 2: Finally beat Conqueror on the season journey and earned that extra stash tab. The portrait with gold trim looks pretty good too. I didn't try for guardian last season, but since I was able to get through most of the journey in 1-2 weeks, I feel I got time to get it down. The real challenge is gonna be which of the next conquests I beat. Soloing a 45 grift with no set items at all was a real pain. Chances are, I'll go for the set dungeon masteries. I plan to try to do them all anyways because I've seen those cool new wings your character gets and I have a mighty need. :lol:

gnoll

Reaction score
I'm back in my own apartment again so now I can play Diablo, hehe. Gonna check out some of the changes on non-season but will probably try and get a season character going soon. Give me a shout if anyone wants to play together :D

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Welp a month into the season and I have completed (not mastered) all 24 set dungeons, mastered about 10-12 of them, have a fantastic woh wizard speed farm build, two very capable grift pushing builds, and I am tied for the highest paragon level in my clan (767).

What's a guitar again? :lol:

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot. I managed to beat this too...
Screenshot102_zps9gayzvtq.jpg

thedonal

Reaction score
I've been back on D3 of late- got my Crusader and Barbarian up to L70.

Just running regular rifts/grifts at the mo- haven't really looked into seasons.

Have to say- I'm not all that impressed with the Crusader overall- he just doesn't seem to do a load that's interesting to play with.

Love the Whirlwind on Barbarian- loads of fun and gets you about quite quickly if you're hemmed in by enemies. That said- I haven't got a decent attack rating on him yet- his defence is fantastic, but it takes me ages to grind through most enemies and particularly bosses on Torment 2. Just waiting for the right drops...