Did ESP ever make a E-II HRF 7 string?

Huski

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have just purchased a used ESP E-II online from someone interstate(I'm from Australia), it is supposedly a E-II Standard HRF but with 7 strings(other than the usual 8 string). I have been trying to track down this guitar online for ages now and I can't find any on it at all, just keep showing the 8 string model.
I have seen one other photo of one through google images but no information or any thing like that, if any one knows anything about this guitar please tell me as much as possible.
Cheers, Patrick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Huski

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is this it?

I know ProMusicTools is a real shop, so if they list it it's definitely real.

ESP can be really bad at cataloging guitars, especially if they're only sold in certain regions.
Wow! That is it exactly. I have been googling so much to try and find it but never came across this, really appreciate you finding it though mate now I feel a lot better about buying it.

Strtsmthng

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That looks great, any idea of the scale length?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
It was likely a limited run, I know it wasn’t ever a standard production model.

angl2k

Reaction score
I have seen that particular guitar and contacted ProMusicTools for some info. It's 27" scale and loaded with Blackouts, alder body.

In fact I have seen that guitar also in a shop in New Zealand. Tried to buy it, but the shipping and import fees were too high for me. It was for sale at https://www.rockshop.co.nz if you want to contact them. Mind you this was back in 2016 :)

Sometimes BMusic had ESP exclusive models, I'm pretty sure I saw this particular guitar on the BMusic forums. There was also this ultra rare ESP Standard NT-7 baritone.. if only I could get my hands on one of those :)

Trashgreen

Reaction score
The E-II HRF NT-7B was part of the ESP standard series production when E-II was first introduced to the export market in 2013. Specs. as listed above along with the usual stuff like ebony board, neck-thru-body and satin finish. Pickups where Blackouts AHB 1n-7 phase 2 and AHB 1b-7 phase 2.

It was only available in 2013. When ESP in 2014 merged the USA and export market this model along with the T-B7 model where discontinued, some of them later re-entered the catalog like the E-II T-B7 and the Horizon NT-7B (with Hipshot bridge instead).

The E-II 7 string models for 2013 included the HRF-7B, T-B7 and Horizon NT-7B

You can see them in my close-up video from Musikmesse 2013:

T-B7 begins at 0:20

HRF NT-7B begins at 1:30

Horizon NT-7B begins at 4:25

Last edited:

Huski

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cheers everyone who replied, I found out exactly what I needed to know. I can't believe how little info there is about this guitar online so this all really helps, thanks for everything.