Did i make the right choice? Keep the mesa roadster, sell triple rec?

Gmork

Reaction score
In a perfect world id have kept every cool amp ive had but its never been an option.
I already sold the triple but im having a bit of sellers remorse. maybe i shoulda kept both?... I dunno, Def some over lap and quite frankly im somewhat poor so the $$$ was helpful.

Do yas think it was justified?
I know its subjective and different for everyone but If you were in my shoes what would you have done? mesas~2.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Triple is my favorite Recto, so I'm biased, but what's done is done. I don't think you made the wrong choice. The Roadster is a cool amp, and you don't see them nearly as often.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I never bothered to learn the general tonal differences between the Double, Triple, Roadster, and all the revisions but strictly as far as high gain tones can’t they both do the same thing?

If so, the Roadster is a bit more versatile so I think you came out on top. I sometimes feel remorse if I sell something that is generally considered a staple but, This doesn’t seem like a big deal. I would just move on down the GAS list and try the next thing you want to experiment with.

Reaction score
I'm with @Bearitone, can't the Roaster do the Triple Rec sounds, even if not exactly the same, at least in that ballpark? I mean, the more buttons the better, right?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Roadster and Roadking are fairly different from your run of the mill Dual or Triple. Not world's different, but they made changes to the preamp and power section to add those extra modes and switches and settings. :2c:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I think you chose wisely, or at least I'd rather prefer to have a Roadster. In fact, I'd probably have one if the combo version didn't weight like 234234 pounds.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I did the opposite a while back when I sold my Roadster for my rev G Dual, but I do miss it sometimes. The Roadster is killer -- it has a nicer clean with a good reverb, and all the gain channels are voiced more distinctly. Also they are relatively uncommon nowadays, you have other high gain amps right? It'd be easy to find another Triple Rec (especially a 3 channel) if you ever decide you want to.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've not spent much time around a triple, but if I had to make a quick gut choice between those two I'd rather have the Roadster. More versatile, sound better to my ears generally.

The Thing Upstairs

Reaction score
I absolutely love my Roadster so think you did the right thing. More versatile and does the DR thing very well in my opinion.
If you’re going to have multiple amps, better to have contrast and not the same thing but slightly different.