Did The Jackson Custom Shop Botch My Order?

• Thread starter ThomasUV777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe import taxes will be 1K EUR extra, but my experience is that the prices from a USA dealer is probably 1K EUR lower before import taxes.

No harm in trying this option as well. I'll probably get estimate from both and just compare what option works best for me.

You should probably find out the exact percentage of your imports/customs & duties taxes before making a decision.

Things are more expensive from a retailer in the EU for American products because they will front the import costs and pass it onto the customer.

Perfect example is the AKG K712 PRO headset, I bought this recently and in rare form the US Retail price was FAR more expensive than buying overseas.

They are $500 from most retailers here, and you can find them on Thomann for 249 shipped. The value of them is so low however that we don't get tagged with a bill for import tax. It's a little different with a multi-thousand dollar instrument, that high of a cost will have a bill associated to it no matter what.

AKG Links for reference, if anyone wants to get a pair at a deal ;)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-open-back-mastering-and-reference-headphones
https://www.thomannmusic.com/akg_k_712_pro.htm

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kobalt

Reaction score
That was how I saw it as well in my 20's and 30's.But now days at weeks shy of 50 it's only a dream if that's all I want it to be.Age will change your finances and your perspectives!
I can't say you're wrong, I would love to have that opportunity, but I just won't hold my breath on it anymore.

mbardu

Reaction score
Oooof. I was thinking he was being nitpicky on the small scratches... But big yikes on those big dents...

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
That's a big oof. Recent history does not look very good for the Jackson Custom Shop...

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
lol that inlay and fret work is horrible. even a $250 dxmg would have better sharkfins and properly crowned frets.
ok. im definitely scared to order a CS again since I am thinking about a similar oil finish.

Exit Existence

Reaction score
I'd be pissed.
This is the top on my USA 2005 Trans Black Flame, non custom. Probably 1/2 the price of a custom at least.

wv276AX.jpg

There's no reason they should be using that top especially if they are only doing custom / custom selects now.

ThomasUV777

Reaction score
Don’t just complain. Blast them online on twitter/FB/etc. make it known that you got an import-grade top with actual missing spots and then also link the 23 fret Kelly for good measure.

As for the color...this is why I would never order a trans black guitar. They ALWAYS look purple. Sometimes it’s camera flash, but often that’s just how the black tint settles on wood. Idk, never liked ESP’s purple looking models and not surprised JACKSON has the same issues.

That's something I would only do if there wasn't any hope for a resolution.

But lo' and behold, my dealer just got back to me to bring me the news that Jackson is going to build me a new guitar!

Rejoice! The dealer was also adamant towards Jackson on providing a better top.

I just sent a mail to the dealer asking what the ETA on this one is going to be (back of the queue? or do I get a better time slot?).

It's kind of a make-or-break situation. If this build goes great, other Jackson CS orders will follow on my side. If not, it'll be the first and only time. Curious to see if I'll be posting an update here in 6 months, or 2 years.

Did we ever get better pics?

That washed out yellow potato-cam probably isn't doing the top any favors.

Nope, but I saw enough and the dealer agreed that it wasn't great quality. I hope that the fact that Jackson CS is willing to build a new one, they saw reason in my complaint.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
That's something I would only do if there wasn't any hope for a resolution.

But lo' and behold, my dealer just got back to me to bring me the news that Jackson is going to build me a new guitar!

Rejoice! The dealer was also adamant towards Jackson on providing a better top.

I just sent a mail to the dealer asking what the ETA on this one is going to be (back of the queue? or do I get a better time slot?).

It's kind of a make-or-break situation. If this build goes great, other Jackson CS orders will follow on my side. If not, it'll be the first and only time. Curious to see if I'll be posting an update here in 6 months, or 2 years.

Glad that they are doing a re-build for you!

Reaction score
I'd ask them if it's possible for them to send you/your dealer pics of the build in progress this time. That way if you spot anything that you're not happy with, you can say so before the guitar leaves the shop.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
My used MIJ DK2M...that I bought used for $300 is way better then that custom shop guitar in the video. I would be more pissed than that guys is honestly.

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
If I ever wanted anything other than Aristides' guitars, Jackson was the brand I'd look at...

Well, not anymore. Holy shit that's some horrible QC.

Latest posts