Did you ever eat Hungaryen food?

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brett89

Reaction score
Is there any Hungarian restorant where you live?

The main thing about our food is: meat, fat, spice, pepper, salt... so its not to healthy but I love it! :)
My favorite is chowder, meaty pancake, "meatball soup" and pottage...as you can see a dont eat much vegetables, I hate them... thats not healthy too :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
My grandmother came from western Slovenia. She used to cook lot's of fatty meats. I'm vegetarian, though. My mom makes some wicked goulaž.

Brett89

Reaction score
bostjan said:
My grandmother came from western Slovenia. She used to cook lot's of fatty meats. I'm vegetarian, though. My mom makes some wicked goulaž.

You are vegetarian? And its healthy? Well... I would die without meat :)
And why did you become a vegetarian?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes.
I don't know if it's healthy, I just really like vegetables.
The last meat I ate was chicken intestines. It just really made me feel sick to my stomach. I had already cut out fish, pork, and red meat, so that was just the "last straw" as we say.

Brett89

Reaction score
Well I think vegetables are disgusting... I hate all kind of beans, cabbage...
And do you like soya? When I was little my mother cooked soya balls... they looked like rissole so I loved them :)

Roland777

Reaction score
To answer the original question, yes, I have. However, IMHO, Romanian food blows it out of the water. :) Sarmale, piftele, home-made potato-soup.... Yum. :D

Brett89

Reaction score
Roland777 said:
To answer the original question, yes, I have. However, IMHO, Romanian food blows it out of the water. :) Sarmale, piftele, home-made potato-soup.... Yum. :D

Well... to be honest, I didn't know anything about romanian food :idea:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
My mom is Hungarian. My aunt & uncle in Canada are both Hungarian. So yes, I eat lots of Hungarian food.

My favorite is chicken paprikash (sp?) The dumplings with that thick sauce & chicken. Damn it's good.