Diezel Herbert Pedal

• Thread starter protest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
It's interesting how they made it like the VH4-2 pedal as opposed to the 1st gen VH4. Price wise, I'm guessing it'll be $300-$350. :\

So many pedals, so little money to get them all... or even the time to be able to use them either. :(

StefanWest

Reaction score
Just ordered mine from Sweetwater for $299.hopefully it's based off the mark iii model. Can't wait to use it with my fortin 33,jhs bonsai, and khdk ghoul screamer.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
The VH4 pedal was alright. Tonally it was good, but it need a boost to really open it up (which it did), but then it was super noisy. The price made it just ok in my books, I sold it pretty quickly.

Hopefully the Herbert will be better.

wlfers

Reaction score
Of course... I just got the Revv G3 because I became impatient waiting for this pedal. The VH4 pedal had great gain structure, but was too woofy even with the bass at 0 (Ran as a preamp into a 2/90/2). I was hoping the Herbert would fit my needs better. Let us know how it turns out.

BadSeed

Reaction score
Did anyone ever get their hands on one of these? The video demos sound almost identical to channel 2 on my MKI

protest

Reaction score
Did anyone ever get their hands on one of these? The video demos sound almost identical to channel 2 on my MKI

The Pedal needs to be run at different settings and it's a little difficult dialing it in because you need to play with the Bass/Deep and Treble/Presence settings to get it right. Particularly the high end because it can get that distortion pedal high end if you're not careful.

That said, going through the return of a MK 1 it's almost identical to Ch. 3. The biggest difference is managing that high end and that the pedal's low end is more boomy, where the amp has more of a punchy bottom. It's very close though. It's completely Herbert voiced. Much closer to the amp than the BE-OD is to a BE-100...I actually like the BE-OD's style better than the actual BE though.

BadSeed

Reaction score
The Pedal needs to be run at different settings and it's a little difficult dialing it in because you need to play with the Bass/Deep and Treble/Presence settings to get it right. Particularly the high end because it can get that distortion pedal high end if you're not careful.

That said, going through the return of a MK 1 it's almost identical to Ch. 3. The biggest difference is managing that high end and that the pedal's low end is more boomy, where the amp has more of a punchy bottom. It's very close though. It's completely Herbert voiced. Much closer to the amp than the BE-OD is to a BE-100...I actually like the BE-OD's style better than the actual BE though.

Thanks for the input man. The videos sounded close for sure. It's not something I'd use in place of the herbert, but I have a little rig at my girlfriends house for messing around with, and thought the pedal might be a good substitute for the real deal back at my place.

I have to agree about the BE pedal, I also liked the pedal more than the BE channel on my JJ100. The pedal just didn't translate in high volume scenarios

shred-o-holic

Reaction score
Was all about ordering one as well.......that was until I tried out the RevV G3 pedal. It's enough for me but I have always been a little obsessed with the Herbert tone in trying out a couple in the stores. A nice economic way to somewhat have that tone....seems pretty cool. Would love to try one in the loop of my IronBall..