Discontinued Gear that Needs to Go Back into Production

• Thread starter Necky379
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
White finish for the Jim Root Strat

Japanese Jackson Dominion with the quilt top and the raw neck

LTD MC500 Max Cavalera Green neck through Viper WITHOUT the flag

LTD RA600

LTD Grynch

Yamaha Wes Borland

Ibanez DCM100

Ibanez Xiphos

Washburn Dime V Pro

Washburn Face Eraser

Ibanez RG7CST (duh)

And an OG block letter 5150 cUz ThAtS tHe OnLy 1 ThAt SoUnDz GuUd!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

foreright

Reaction score
Assuming the companies that rerelease this gear would actually benefit from it:

-The Fender Meteora. First great fender shape in decades imo.

-Orange Dual Dark 50/100

-MosValve 942 Poweramp. Hands down the best solidstate poweramp out there imo.

-Boss HM-2

I sold my (late 80's - absolutely mint) HM-2 for an extremely silly amount of money last month. It had been sitting around in my parent's attic (I moved out over 20 years ago!!) for decades. It certainly has a... erm... "distinctive" sound ;)

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Every old Peavey amp, but especially the Supreme 160.

Crate Powerblock, there are better products, but this one would do really well for people using modellers on a budget these days. It was ahead of its time.

Vader Cabs with the original Eminence speakers. I think he's doing limited runs these days, but those original custom speakers were awesome.

WarMachine

Reaction score
BC Rich NJ Beast

BC Rich Draco

Having owned both of these i can say the are definitely NOT made for playing while sitting down. But with these 2 guitars, you need to stand up and show them respect!

......what? I've always loved the extreme look of some of the BC Rich guitars. Come at me.

Reaction score
BC Rich NJ Beast

BC Rich Draco

Having owned both of these i can say the are definitely NOT made for playing while sitting down. But with these 2 guitars, you need to stand up and show them respect!

......what? I've always loved the extreme look of some of the BC Rich guitars. Come at me.

I felt like the Draco was literally shaped for sitting down. The cuts in the body help it sit perfectly. And yes the Draco needs to come back

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I miss the Parker Fly (the Deluxe, IMO, was the nearest thing to a perfect production guitar), but if it is ever reissued, I expect the reissue to somehow be fucked up, because most of the materials Ken used are probably discontinued.

I loved the Heartfield Talon also, but I doubt Fender would ever bother, based on how small the potential market would be.

RG-X, RG-XL, RG-CST, etd. - never owned one but came close, especially with the more common ones, still, the price would be too high now unless quality took a dive, so, I guess I'm good with the options currently available.

WarMachine

Reaction score
I felt like the Draco was literally shaped for sitting down. The cuts in the body help it sit perfectly. And yes the Draco needs to come back
Well in my defense i'm like 5'9 and broad as someone who's slinging an axe into trees all day long haha, so sitting while playing makes things a little harder for me at least.

Eyelessfiend

Reaction score
Orange TV200/OR100

2203kk

Vader Cabs

Monarch Cabs

Jackson Kevin Bond sig

Jackson Mark Morton sig in the Primer finish

Crate Excalibur

B.C Rich Bich Baritone

B.C Rich Widow for guitar

ESP LTD MFA-600/MC-500

ESP or LTD Mirage Standard or Special with non locking trem

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
OG block letter 5150
2 channel dual rectos

I'm actually sorta hopeful that Gibson will have Mesa do some Authentic(TM) reissues of some of their amps. C+ and the early Rectos (Rev C, F, G, whatever). Even if they're expensive, they'll at least be new and under warranty.

sleewell

Reaction score
I'm actually sorta hopeful that Gibson will have Mesa do some Authentic(TM) reissues of some of their amps. C+ and the early Rectos (Rev C, F, G, whatever). Even if they're expensive, they'll at least be new and under warranty.

haha just for the love of god leave off the damn robo tuner!!!!

Werecow

Reaction score
Boss HM-2
Randall Century heads
Marshall Valvestate 8100 or 8200
Digitech Bad Monkey

Latest posts