Division opening for Testament this Sunday

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
She was. Approximately nine billion underage kids tried to get into the club that night, along with nine billion people who thought the club could make room for just one more person. Plus, she had to check the ID of five hundred people. Yeah, she was a bit tense... :lol:

Those are my buddy's in "Cab Ride Home". I have no idea why they do this. :rofl: However, three or four of them roll up to every Division gig, with signs, and cheer there asses off the whole time. It's refreshing to see a local band that actually gets it and is trying to make the scene a fun place to be. :yesway:

Ahhh okay. Yeah she seemed like that last time I showed up, and the last show wasn't this packed. :ugh: I don't blame her though, for the 15 minutes I stood with you out by the door I think I heard a good 40+ people go "oh shoot... where's that darn ID.... uhhh can you let me in please?" :lol: :noplease:

Yeah those dudes seemed to be having a good time. One of them went to throw up the horns and almost took my eye out though.... grrr.... :squint:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahhh okay. Yeah she seemed like that last time I showed up, and the last show wasn't this packed. :ugh: I don't blame her though, for the 15 minutes I stood with you out by the door I think I heard a good 40+ people go "oh shoot... where's that darn ID.... uhhh can you let me in please?" :lol: :noplease:

She's permanently grouchy. The door is much smoother when Bear is there. ;)

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
It's just weird to see there's an age limit that high. Come on? 21??!?? that's just ridiculous, over here you can go to any concert with your parents till your 18 then go on by yourself no problem. Weird country you have guys...
Opening for Testament, now that's metal !

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's just weird to see there's an age limit that high. Come on? 21??!?? that's just ridiculous, over here you can go to any concert with your parents till your 18 then go on by yourself no problem. Weird country you have guys...
Opening for Testament, now that's metal !

It's the US's Puritanical attitude towards alcohol. Plus, in this case, the owner knew he could sell out with a 21 and up crowd, so why should he pay for the extra securiyt of dealing with all ages?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
It's the US's Puritanical attitude towards alcohol. Plus, in this case, the owner knew he could sell out with a 21 and up crowd, so why should he pay for the extra securiyt of dealing with all ages?

:agreed:

If you are a club owner, and you can sell your place out to people that have the legal opportunity to drink, why put on an all ages show? It's profit, pure an simple, a mentality that would be fine if not for the age limit on drinking.

So, guaranteed additional bar sales, versus guaranteed additional security expenses, is a real no brainer. All because a bunch of moral crusader assholes successfully argued that raising the drinking age from 18 to 21 would lower the number of alcohol related accidents. Nope. :noway:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Bear was fucking badass :hbang:

BTW is the Kamelot show 21+? If so, I'm fuxored.

Bear still is fucking badass. For those who don't know Bear, here he is with Tony Bennet:

11224004_l.jpg

Kamelot is all ages. :yesway:

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
* Noodles logs face to go with user name

Nice meeting you Sunday, and thanks for wearing the ss.org shirt so I could pick you out of the crowd. You must have told me your user name three times, but it was just a jumble of letters to me that night. :lol:

Fuck yeah dude. No worries. It was DAMN good show.

Perhaps I should have picked a different user name. Ah well.

And assuming work doesn't interfere I'll be there for Kamelot.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Those are my buddy's in "Cab Ride Home". I have no idea why they do this. :rofl: However, three or four of them roll up to every Division gig, with signs, and cheer there asses off the whole time. It's refreshing to see a local band that actually gets it and is trying to make the scene a fun place to be. :yesway:

that, and they give me PBR. they gave me a 12-pack as a going-home gift. isn't that sweet?

my legs still hurt from the lava that pumped through them during our set. hot is an understatement!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed: His work is amazing. We're going to have to work out something with him before the next CD, because all my favorite pictures are taken by him.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Friday night. We have PayPal, too. ;)

Hmm. Gotta take Friday off work, then. I'm leaning towards driving down that day with the Recto and a couple guitars in the back of my car, grabbing a hotel room for the night, and then if you guys have some time the next day do a bit of jamming before I head back to the berkshires - typically, my buddy Jesse who lives down in DC is flying back up north that weekend to visit his family and throw a barbecue Saturday or Sunday for the guys.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll definitely have time the next day. I'll see if I can organize a little get together. Maybe Crooks can offer up his house, since he has a basement studio, three amps, and plenty of room.

Oh, and you won't really need to bring an amp. We're sorta drowning in Rectos around here. :lol: