Djent Tone w/ Free Amp Sims (Clip)

• Thread starter Gemmeadia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Lepou Legion mixed with Lecto and various IRs.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/gemmeadia/og-paragon-riffs1[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks guys! For this tone I did not use the 808 since the two amps created enough energy in the tone without it. Im using a Recto IR, a little bit of Periphery IR, and a custom one on each guitar track. I have them going to a Guitar buss with C1 comp, Decapitator, and EQ.

markerece

Reaction score
This is awesome, man! Pretty interesting that there was no need for a screamer to get a tight tone like that. Are those any specific drum samples that you're using or is it self mixed? 'cause I feel like it complements the guitars well.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
I am using a combination of SSD4 for the main drums, and SD2 Metal Foundry for the cymbals and overheads! There are 3 blended snares in this mix, all in SSD4. Kick is Kick 10.

darkflame

Reaction score
Ho are the guitars mixed? Do you have one with legion on the left another with lecto and the same on the right side? Care to share any amp settings etc?

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Both amps on each track. I would start with about 1/4 gain on each amp and go from there. A lot of it is EQ and the IRs making the tone.

SmackyChot

tune l0w and 0
Reaction score
I'm getting off the whole "djent" kick cause I've felt like I've heard it all, but that legitimately made me wee a bit in my pants. Kicks like a fat mule.

Fantastic job man.

Can you elaborate more on the EQ and comp settings? Maybe a screen of it?? I don't wanna steal your tone, but goddamn that is tight and thick. I have trouble with adjusting the EQ and comp a lot of the time.

Stijnson

Reaction score
Sounds great dude, the bass tone is awesome too. Really seems to smack you in the face, or ears in this case!

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! Unfortunately my approach to EQ would make big name producers vomit haha I have about 3 EQ vsts going with slight adjustments so I don't 'ruin' the tone that I created if I cant remember what I changed. In general you want to do a high pass filter at around 100HZ to take out the mud, and then adjust from there. It really depends on the tone though.

Guitar is an Agile Interceptor Pro 727 with 10-70 strings, Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and Drop G tuning.

Bass tone is mostly Decapitator with B.O.D. (free vst), and EQ.

ehsanimn

Ehsan Imani
Reaction score
Both amps on each track. I would start with about 1/4 gain on each amp and go from there. A lot of it is EQ and the IRs making the tone.

You mean you use two amps in series one after another? If so, which amp you've put first? Legion?

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
All these short names like Lecto, Lepou, Recto IR, and Periphery IR... I have absolutely no idea what they mean or what they are, but I want to find out!

Killer tone dude.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
LePou = the VST maker
Lecto = Rectifier sim
LeGion = Custom sim
Recto IR = Mesa 4x12 cab sim
Periphery IR = Most likely a cab sim from Misha or Nolly.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I just downloaded the Lecto yesterday but couldn't get it sound anything like this.. Good job. :metal:

Kylezan

Reaction score
Dude this is seriously impressive. I'm guessing those IRs kick butt but seriously that takes skill so good job.

Yea the drums also fit very well in the mix. Guitars are very thick but not boxy. You win.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Didn't realize this thread was back from the grave.

ehsanimn - Legion then Lecto

schwiz - IR is short for Impulse Response which is basically as HeHasTheJazzHands explained. It is a wav file that simulates a mic'd cab. They can be found all over the internet for free and you can use LeCab to load them. Search 'Great Impulses Set' and you should be able to find a download link. MOST of the tone is from the IR imo, and blending them is somewhat important unless you find a really good sounding one.

Everyone else, thank you! I'm excited to share what I have been working on since this clip. New samples :)

ChaosKyle

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Didn't realize this thread was back from the grave.

ehsanimn - Legion then Lecto

schwiz - IR is short for Impulse Response which is basically as HeHasTheJazzHands explained. It is a wav file that simulates a mic'd cab. They can be found all over the internet for free and you can use LeCab to load them. Search 'Great Impulses Set' and you should be able to find a download link. MOST of the tone is from the IR imo, and blending them is somewhat important unless you find a really good sounding one.

Everyone else, thank you! I'm excited to share what I have been working on since this clip. New samples :)

You need to make a tutorial or something dude! This sounds AMAZING. I would pay for a tone like this.

Latest posts