Do you workout at home or the gym?

• Thread starter nitelightboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok guys, just to get a general consensus here...

I hate working out in public, just kind of shy I guess. I used to use the gym at my apartment complex, but they changed from being open 24 hours to the hours that I'm at work. So I bought a Bowflex and have been loving it. Awsoem results so far!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I work out at home. I have a treadmill, a weightbench and a bike.

Saves money too.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Weights at home, have the 'Mens Health Home Workout Bible' and I go running out and about on the streets, because I like the schoolgirls to see me in my vest and shorts in the mornings lol.

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
I've gone from working out at home to the gym and back to working out at home and I just can't get in the same mindset and focus I did at the gym. Plus I've run out of weights to lift on some exercises and I don't fancy paying for more weights.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to become a cop, so I had alot of crap to do. Still have to do my qualifiers, but I'm trying to condition a little before that.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hell, good for you, bro. If I ever go mafia, I'll keep a silver bullet with your name on it close to my heart. :wub:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Roundhouse_Kick said:
Gym.I could never motivate myself to excersise regularly at home.
home. i could never motivate myself to go out to the gym regularly :lol:

Hobophobic

Hack
Reaction score
Neither. I get my exercise from outdoor stuff. I suck at motivating for exercise unless it seems like fun. I bike and kayak in the warm months and cross country ski in the winter. I road bike 3 - 4 times a week (we usually ride by time so the distance increases over the season as we get back in shape... right now we're averaging 20 - 30 miles a trip on hilly terrain). I also try to mountain bike at least once a week and I kayak 3 - 4 times a week as cross training with my biking. 2 - 4 hours on the bike followed by a couple hours on the water. The temps are too cold and the water too frozen for biking and kayaking during the winter here so I ski and use my bike on an indoor trainer during those months. Between that and working six afternoon/evenings a week the time left for anything else is part of the reason I'm still a hack with my guitars after all these years. I guess I need to get my priorities straight one of these days.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
if i wanted to get into weight lifting again, for myself, I could shred my body at home b/c i have the knowledge and experience to practice good and effective creativity. I can punish myself.

but i wont'. it's not fun at home. I would need the gym atmosphere to pump me up. the presence of others helps me 'show off'. inspires me to work harder. it's a fault of mine.

for cardio - put me outside in running shoes and i'm happy. i like switching between an upright bike and a rower at the gym though. when i do that - my drumming gets better b/c of the stamina which helps me hit harder and longer (noodles' mom).

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I lost a shite load of weight walking home from work during the summer. Now I just lift weights to tone up (at the house)...bought a nice free-weight system and play some sports.

Ladies dig...haha

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a Bowflex, a treadmill, and a bike at home. It's too hard for me to escape long enough to go workout with any regularity.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
i used to go gym every day before school, i stopped and havnt got round to going back yet lol, i'll keep trying