Does anyone have any experience with schecter pickups? The 7 string I'm looking at uses those and I'm wondering how they sound

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
You really just have to try them for yourself. You may or may not like any particular pickup despite preconceived ideas.

That said. I really liked the Apocalypse pickups. To me they are like a cross between the Black Winter, and Nazgul.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I actually just played a CS pt-7 with sonic seducers...very clean sounding.

I hear they have been swapped out quite a bit, but if I end up with this guitar I will keep them and post back.
Hard to tell if I like them until I play them through my rig for a bit.

This one right?
xywdmktaob0gijlu5waa.jpg

caotbhsy5akpnz9kgaga.jpg

dpqolb8epveqggvj2xuz.jpg

Sonic Seducers are most often swapped out cause they are not super hot. Which, honestly, is something unusual for pickups you can find stock on metal oriented models like the Silver Mountain. But then again, people still believe Schecter makes extreme aggro stuff exclusively, so it's no surprise. I live everything I've heard about those pickups, sound very bright and I bet they cut like mofos.

yan12

Reaction score
They sound good to me, as do most Schecter offerings.

The neck on this PT you posted is one of the nicest feeling 7 string necks I have played. It has a little meat to it and is not super thin.

I have much to think about, but I may indeed pull the trigger on it. The economy is getting tougher and my job is not immune...I already have a bunch so I am on the fence. Killer guitar though.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Used a Schecter Brimstone 7 set for about 8 months. I thought it reminded me of an EMG 81 in the bridge but WAAAAAY hotter. Enjoyed the set a lot, but ended up selling the guitar for other reasons.